Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 618

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

  1. #261
    Hey Guys, I'm stuck on step 6. Everything is working fine up to this point. When I try to run springpatch, I get an error, Permission denied. Like I didn't set the permissions properly, but they are correct. Any help? Thanks

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    How do i get the installer on 1.1.1 after I've done all this. I see a guide for windows but not OS X. Can someone point me in the right direction.

    -use cyberduck to log into your phone via ssh
    -Dowload This
    -Install it into /Applications via cyberduck (just drag and dop)
    -Reboot your phone
    -Have a beer to celebrate your newly modded 1.1.1 iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Hey Guys, I'm stuck on step 6. Everything is working fine up to this point. When I try to run springpatch, I get an error, Permission denied. Like I didn't set the permissions properly, but they are correct. Any help? Thanks
    Interesting... are you using mac or pc?

    Now dont quote me, but I THINK if you skip that step and just finish everything, then install installer via SSH, installer has a program called pogostick (it came with the new conceited software package you added) or something like that that I THINK does the same thing as the springpatch. I am not sure on this though, I am just going by what the pogostick description says...
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-11 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  3. #263
    hi. when i connect to itunes, my phone wont activate. i got all the way to the command line part (after it installed 1.1.1) but i got stuck at the 'ls' part (cause nothing happened) and now my phone wont activate and ive restarted the phone and my computer and itunes. it just sits there saying activate iphone, connect to itunes........HElp please.......newbie here (sorry)
    Last edited by apwtwenty; 2007-10-11 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typo

  4. #264
    I'm using a PC... I will try to finish up skipping that step to see what happens, but I think you have to do that step to even get installer to show up on your springboard.

  5. #265
    I can't connect through cyberduck nor winscp

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    -use cyberduck to log into your phone via ssh
    -Dowload This
    -Install it into /Applications via cyberduck (just drag and dop)
    -Reboot your phone
    -Have a beer to celebrate your newly modded 1.1.1 iPhone
    This must be my problem. I am able to ssh in terminal but since i'm a newb don't know how to do anything, but Cyberduck(which i used A LOT on 1.0.2) wont let me SFTP my 1.1.1 phone. Everything has worked so far except cyberduck. Cyberduck fails on connecting and says "unexpected end of sftp stream"

    So yeah. Anyone have a clue?

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    I'm using a PC... I will try to finish up skipping that step to see what happens, but I think you have to do that step to even get installer to show up on your springboard.
    Yeah that is what I am unsure of...

    Here is an editable display order plist for you (its one of your next steps, you need to edit it, but you cant in its current form), you need to add the installer source right before the music store source after you have added installer into your applications. http://www.sendspace.com/file/xuvssi

    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    This must be my problem. I am able to ssh in terminal but since i'm a newb don't know how to do anything, but Cyberduck(which i used A LOT on 1.0.2) wont let me SFTP my 1.1.1 phone. Everything has worked so far except cyberduck. Cyberduck fails on connecting and says "unexpected end of sftp stream"

    So yeah. Anyone have a clue?

    The only thing I can think of is that maybe something went wrong when you tried to install the BSD Subsystem files (or didn't at all?). Because that includes an sftp file I believe.... Maybe try that part again? You should see a bunch of files being uploaded to your phone in terminal when you do it (via ssh)...
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-11 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #268

  9. #269
    I cannot connect to my phone through winscp, it doesn't work at all.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    I cannot connect to my phone through winscp, it doesn't work at all.
    Can you connect to you iphone via ssh via terminal?

  11. #271
    SCORE i got it to work aww the 1.1.1 version...just be patient and let the thing install and read the instructions carefully....

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe something went wrong when you tried to install the BSD Subsystem files (or didn't at all?). Because that includes an sftp file I believe.... Maybe try that part again? You should see a bunch of files being uploaded to your phone in terminal when you do it (via ssh)...
    I didn't have any problems on that part, but i can always try it again. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

  13. #273
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    i did just like the instructions but itunes wont recognize my phone

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Can you connect to you iphone via ssh via terminal?
    How do you connect with terminal, I use windows but I have a Ibook too.

  15. #275
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    my phone is only 300 mb now? how can i get my 8gb back?

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    my phone is only 300 mb now? how can i get my 8gb back?
    Can you connect to your iphone via winscp or cyberduck?

    if so you need to remove the "media" file, and then rename either "media.old" or "mediabackup" to "media"

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    my phone is only 300 mb now? how can i get my 8gb back?

    Quote Originally Posted by garretwp View Post
    You need to ssh into the iphone and do rm /var/root/Media and mv /var/root/Media.old /var/root/Media. That should clear up the 300 MB issue and give you back the full storage of 7GB. It is at the very end of the instructions.

    - Garrett
    I did this and it worked just fine.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    How do you connect with terminal, I use windows but I have a Ibook too.
    in your ibook, open terminal and type "ssh [email protected]ess" then when it asks for password type alpine (you wont see the letters when you type it, but just type it and hit return). Let me know if it connects...

    You can find your ip address by logging into your router and looking at the connected devices...

  19. #279
    Last edited by daniel_emt; 2007-10-11 at 10:21 PM.

  20. #280
    For everyone having trouble connecting via SSH in Windows after updating, I too had the same problem. Here is what eventually got me past that part. A lot of this is probably voodoo magic. In other words, I don't know which is the critical step, but here goes:
    after updating to 1.1.1, I activated iPhone via iTunes but did NOT sync or restore. Here's the crazy part: I copied the necessary files from Nate True's ssh kit for the mac into the sshify folder. From a cursory glance the files appear to be the same (chmod, com.apple.plist.chmod, etc) but I used the Mac kit for reassurance since most people have been successful with using the Mac to hack. At phase 3 of sshify I rebooted twice both to execute chmod and dropbear with permissions. I knew I was on the right track when I could ssh before proceeding through phase 4 and 5. I also had the message in sshify that my phone was not jailbroken. After phase 5 I could fully restore iPhone and maintain ssh as well as update all of the binaries so winscp could execute the remaining commands.

    Like I said, I'm not sure which step solved the problem. I too was up all night and must have upgraded and downgraded at least 10 times before success.

    P.S. note that the new mac ssh kit includes a launch daemon "au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist" and the password has been changed to "alpine"
    Last edited by MiLK_MD; 2007-10-11 at 10:21 PM.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •