Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

You need to ssh into the iphone and do rm /var/root/Media and mv /var/root/Media.old /var/root/Media. That should clear up the 300 MB issue and give you back the full storage of 7GB. It is at the very end of the instructions.

- Garrett

theres got to be a simple way to do all this????? im not even gonna get started with all this code ****, and screw my 1.0.2! ill wait for a week and see the devs come out with a easier way!! theres gotta be an easier way! RIGHT?

i guess im just a weekend hacker!! hahahahah
    Last edited by mikef; 2007-10-11 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    3.0 3g *******

Ok I have a 1 week old unaltered iphone with 1.1.1 I have an att acount and only want to add third party apps change icons and sounds ect. Is this the program I could use? (real question)
    I followed steps up till it says go into iphone. when I pryed it apart a few peices sprung out hit my eye. after returning from the hospital I discovered my 3 yr old son was shooting that little disc thing out of his soft disc shooter gun into the wall. after crazy gluing the disk thing back together and putting most parts back in the iphone (I only had to use very little masking tape to keep it shut) I started
    to redock the iphone and relized that the glue from my hand had securly attached the iphone to my hand in an upside down position. Now as I sat trying to think of what do do next my battery died. Would it be safe to chare the iphone upside down still attached to my hand? Would it be safer to stand on my head to turn the iphone rightside up and now after all this will my iphone be UNLOCKED? (sorry I was bored and everyone is getting so serious I had to lighten the mood) PS the first question is for real I am a newbie and all these post confussed me.

i cant get ssh to work i get error conection. I did everything like 100+ times and im still up i give up till sameone find a way to fix this...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    i cant get ssh to work i get error conection. I did everything like 100+ times and im still up i give up till sameone find a way to fix this...
    Did you try to connect as SCP?

urgh.

ok, so, after poking through all the pages in this thread i've yet to see anyone mention this problem, if i missed it then i'm sorry. i've never upgraded to 1.1.1 before today and never unlocked my phone in any way, only jailbroken(jailbreaked...whatever).

i went through all the steps and everything, and did the putjailbreak command through iphuc-jailbreak.exe, restarted the phone, and did the getfile for the fstab, and looked inside it to be sure it said "rw" instead of "ro" for the root directory. so, i have read write access to the root directory. i went on to install the new sshify-windows.bat file and had to do the putfile through iphoneinterface.exe to put the last file on the phone. when i launched iphoneinterface it said i'm not jailbroken, but still let me put in commands and i did the putfile and it gave me a fileref of 1 so i know it put it there. the prompt says "r_command" and lets me type commands on a new line. when i try doing an ls it shows all the directories in the root directory with an l_ prefix, and it shows the iTunes_Control folder.

this is the second time i've tried this. the first time was from 1.0.2 and it did this. so i downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 and tried again and got the same results.

anyone else encounter this? it appears i have read write access but am not able to install ssh properly.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    urgh.

ok, so, after poking through all the pages in this thread i've yet to see anyone mention this problem, if i missed it then i'm sorry. i've never upgraded to 1.1.1 before today and never unlocked my phone in any way, only jailbroken(jailbreaked...whatever).

i went through all the steps and everything, and did the putjailbreak command through iphuc-jailbreak.exe, restarted the phone, and did the getfile for the fstab, and looked inside it to be sure it said "rw" instead of "ro" for the root directory. so, i have read write access to the root directory. i went on to install the new sshify-windows.bat file and had to do the putfile through iphoneinterface.exe to put the last file on the phone. when i launched iphoneinterface it said i'm not jailbroken, but still let me put in commands and i did the putfile and it gave me a fileref of 1 so i know it put it there. the prompt says "r_command" and lets me type commands on a new line. when i try doing an ls it shows all the directories in the root directory with an l_ prefix, and it shows the iTunes_Control folder.

this is the second time i've tried this. the first time was from 1.0.2 and it did this. so i downgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 and tried again and got the same results.

anyone else encounter this? it appears i have read write access but am not able to install ssh properly.
    I had issues installing SSH as well, are you on windows or mac?? I finally gave up on windows and used independence on my mac at home to install SSH, worked like a charm after that....

i knew i forgot to mention something, i'm on a pc running windows xp. i don't have a mac to turn to, unfortunately. the files are there, i can see them. it just won't let me connect using winSCP for some reason. i have the correct IP address, my iphone is connected to wi-fi, and i'm connecting using the new password and with SCP as the setting.

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ran into a problem first time; now Itunes only wants to let me restors
    I tried this process; ran Trip1Prepz once; but ran into an error later in the process. After re-downgrading to 1.0.2, when I connect to Itunes, it only gives me a restore option; how can I reset my var/root/media settings. The only files I currently show are

var/root/Library
    var/root/media

and in

var/root/media I only show

/DCIM
    /iTunes_Control

I don't have a media.old folder in this directory

I couldn't find anything on how to reset the file structure to allow me to get the upgrade / download 1.1.1 option in Itunes. I did a full downgrade to 1.0.2 and that seems to be running fine. BSD and SSH are running.

Thanks
    Last edited by rkisling; 2007-10-11 at 07:17 PM. Reason: adding more info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    if you have unlocked your iPhone, DO NOT DO THIS.
    So..... big question. What do we do if our phone IS unlocked? Are we SOL for the foreseeable future?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    So..... big question. What do we do if our phone IS unlocked? Are we SOL for the foreseeable future?
    you wait

Anyone else have trouble gettng Trip1prepz to install via installer? It downloands, unpacks, but hangs up everytime on install. Any ideas?
    Also, I just downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 a couple of days ago and remodded, should i restore my 1.0.2 before i start all this or just do it with 1.0.2 mods. Hope that makes sense.

I had the same problem with trip1prepz hanging up. I believe that all the themes and everything you install (through installer or whatever you use) goes into the media folder (at least from what I saw when I looked into the folder) so there's alot of files. All I did was leave it running for about 20 minutes or so then when I came back to the phone it installed fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    urgh.

Your experience is exactly the same as mine. I've been up to 1.1.1 twice and back to 1.02 for my third time. I don't have time to try again right now.

same, i installed the tripz on my phone and hangs up on anout 20 percent i let it run for about 30 min and gave up and restored the phone, tried it again in the morning and doing the samething...errr it fills up my disk space, and i cant seen to find where that file is so i can delete it with out restoring it to 1.0.2 again.

Maybe you guys having issues with downloading tripz should try it the alternate "manual" way???

It downloaded just fine for me though....

it seems the same thing is happening either way, as i did do it "manually" because i didn't feel like downloading the tripz program. i already had ssh and it isn't terribly difficult to type a couple lines into winscp as the directions say.

i did notice something though. after getting past the step of typing the putjailbreak command and rebooting the phone and checking the fstab file, i went on to install ssh. after running the sshify program for 1.1.1, i noticed that doing an ls on the root directory makes iTunesControl show up, as well as a couple other files(.plist files, i think). i wish i had taken a screenshot of them but i already restored back down the 1.0.2 for the third time today. i will probably give it another shot later, but it seems my problem lies in installing ssh.

Guides:

DONE, And I am a total newb. You guys freakin rock, the guides are fantastic.
    thanks guys.

Ok, so I'm running everything smoothly until I get to where I have to ssh. . .
    i type in ssh -l root iphone ip (and yes I type in my iphones wireless ip address), but then it says connection failed or conection block or something like that. . . that's when I don't know what to do?
    can anyone help me please?

How do i get the installer on 1.1.1 after I've done all this. I see a guide for windows but not OS X. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast