Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

You have to type it into terminal (OSX) or any SSH program if you're using Windows (Putty or WinSCP).

I had trouble with it too, so I ended up just downgrading cause I wasn't sure if anything went through correctly (I was stuck where I'm at now on using SSH AFTER the jailbreak 1.1.1 install and had no clue what to do) and just used the trip1prepz program which does that for you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh. I'm so clueless.

guys people who have already unloceked with anysim on 1.0.2 farmware

dont go for this new 1.1.1 jail break method

It is my understanding that the iPhone Dev Team is working on a way to fix the baseband on 1.0.2 iPhones so that they can be provided an upgrade, and ultimately an unlocking path to 1.1.1 and beyond

as written in hacktheiphone

so guys have faith and i am sure they will defanetlly make our phones work with 1.1.1

just we need to have faith and patience

lets say goodluck to iPhone Dev Team and others for this and hope the best

Thanks

Can someone tell me wtf to do with the SSH. Installed from apptapp both BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. So from here.. what?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by dadilly View Post
    is this process supposed to also unlock the phone so it can work with non att sims?
    NO

RTFM. It's posted all over these boards. This is NOT an Unlock
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Is this the same for Windows?

Sounds like some great work has gone on in the last few days.
    I'll be waiting till its fixed for unlocked phones though - as I'm a UK user with no AT&T.
    Good work guys

I messed up earlier tonight and UNdid the Jailbreak I did last night. Not a big deal, just took me a bit to redo it tonight. But when I finished last night and synced with iTunes the space used and available was reflected accurately.

Tonight when I finished re-doing the jailbreak iTunes is showing over a gig of 'Other' on the phone.

Anyone have any idea what the 'Other' data is? And if so - short of restoring - any thoughts on how to get rid of it? I was thinking of SFTP'ing into the phone and just deleting whatever is causing it, if I could figure out what it was.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

I was finally able to ssh into the iphone. Used one of the Macs at my work and used independence to reinstall ssh. It looks like the ssh install method for the windows side does not work. Can any confirm that they got ssh to work via the windows method? It also looks like your own ringtones will not work on 1.1.1 right now.

- Garrett

After a few hours pottering about I can CONFIRM
    that the Re-Lock method by Erica Sadun over at TUAW, works!

I have sucessfuly done the following...

virgin iphone with 1.0.2...
    ..activated/Jailbroken/SSH'd with iNdependence
    Unlocked with Anysim.

I then re-locked and virginised my phone to a locked 1.0.2
    I then used IPSF to unlock.

I have just upgraded via the new jailbreak/activation to 1.1.1 and I have a fully unlocked, activated, working iPhone on 1.1.1 I even have some 3rd party apps running
    I followed the read me pretty much to the letter, I used iNdependence to instal SSH again as it was so much easier, I haven't amended the new M68AP.plist yet although the springboard scroll is working and has moved the iTunes wifi store icon

This phone's baseband has been modded by Anysim, it has been re-locked using the bbupdater/.eep method. it has been unlocked via anysim, it has been upgraded to 1.1.1

I even rolled it back to 1.0.2 (pulled a kmac) and then re-upgraded to 1.1.1.
    My phone is on 1.1.1 making calls on Virgin Mobile (UK) and syncs with iTunes (with all 8GB!!)
    Last edited by arcsbite; 2007-10-11 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Nice!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Nice!
    Can we have a complete guide for unlocking the V1.1.1 for people who have already unlocked V1.0.2 using iUnlock or AnySIM??

Thats great news, but for people like me who have 10 phones to unlock, its a hefty price to pay. ill wait until there is a free one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garretwp View Post
    I was finally able to ssh into the iphone. Used one of the Macs at my work and used independence to reinstall ssh. It looks like the ssh install method for the windows side does not work. Can any confirm that they got ssh to work via the windows method? It also looks like your own ringtones will not work on 1.1.1 right now.

- Garrett
    I can confirm that this stupidty poopity windows method DOES NOT work for installing SSH... I've used SSHify a million and one times but I can't seem to figure this out... I replaced the iphoneinterface.exe with the one from iBrickr 0.9 too, which helped and started giving me fileref: 1, but after everything is done I can't connect... Connection refused by host =(

Someone needs to make sshify using iPHUC instead of iPhoneInterface...

EDIT: Just noticed I get a fileref: 0 on the very very last file in phase 4... looks like /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist doesn't wanna transfer.. everything else seems to be going fine.. I don't wanna mess around too much, but maybe I'll try to upload that last file with iPHUC...
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-10-11 at 09:20 AM. Reason: read

Can someone confirm on how much space they have left on the root filesytem? I am reporting about 54MB on root. Is this correct?

- Garrett

I understand the ipsf is a costly way to go, but I had already bought a license before Anysim was released so it was worth it for me, just wanted to let anyone else out there with a license or people thinking about it, that they can have unlocked phones on 1.1.1 now, regardless of upgrades/baseband changes

Here are a few pics

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sweet! Finally got SSH working on windows.. the method wasn't perfect and required some extra steps... Guide coming right up =)

Hey guys. Can someone post their edited version of M68AP.plist? My MB is down so i had to revert to my winblows machine. I basically just need M68AP.plist in xml format.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Sweet! Finally got SSH working on windows.. the method wasn't perfect and required some extra steps... Guide coming right up =)
    The only extra step was to get iphoneinterface from ibrikr .9 and replace it with the one in the sshkit folder.
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 2007-10-11 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is there a list anywhere of 3rd party apps and if they work on 1.1.1 or not?

I was thinking of beginning one as I re-instal my apps but if there is already one I could just contribute

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast