Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instagram iOS App Updated With 3 New Filters, Emoji Hashtags, App UI Improvements

Default Instagram iOS App Updated With 3 New Filters, Emoji Hashtags, App UI Improvements

On Monday, Instagram announced a new update for its iOS application. The update, version 6.11.0, is now available in the iOS App Store. Those that already have the application installed will find the update waiting for them under the Updates tab in the App Store application.

The update adds some goodies that users will be able to use to improve their social networking experience. Among the new features are three all-new photograph filters, which are named Lark, Reyes and Juno. Instagram notes that these filters are inspired by the outdoors:

Quote Originally Posted by Instagram
    Inspired by weekend adventures outdoors, Lark, Reyes and Juno are a family of modern, subtle filters that brighten and enhance your photos in refined, beautiful ways. Lark desaturates reds while punching up blues and greens to bring your landscapes to life. Reyes brings a dusty, vintage look to your moments. And finally, Juno tints cool tones green while making warm tones pop and whites glow for vibrant photos of people.
    Below, you can see the filters in action:

Moreover, Instagram is adding the ability to take advantage of what are called "Emoji Hashtags." With these, you can actually use Emoji within your hashtags that you use to tag your photographs on Instagram.

The first time you launch Instagram after this update, you'll also notice some subtle UI changes. The like and comment buttons have been updated with a new look and feel:

If you have automatic updates enabled, the updated version of Instagram for iOS will be installed for you automatically. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Instagram for iOS for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store via Instagram

Still haven't updated the icon yet! Maybe I need an iOS 5 theme to make it look right with all the other icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Still haven't updated the icon yet! Maybe I need an iOS 5 theme to make it look right with all the other icons.
    I wish they'd make it look like the Apple Watch app icon. It looks nicer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Ryaninfg (2015-04-28)

Have anyone tried on ipad mini 1? I havent updated mine..

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

For some reason mine is crashing after the most recent update.

Quote Originally Posted by sublaidable View Post
    Have anyone tried on ipad mini 1? I havent updated mine..
    The iPhone version of the application? There isn't an iPad version. What specifically are you asking about?

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    For some reason mine is crashing after the most recent update.
    Strange, try deleting and re-installing the application in case something was corrupted in the update.