Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFixit Begins its Teardown of the Apple Watch

Default iFixit Begins its Teardown of the Apple Watch

The folks over at iFixit have begun their ritualistic tear-down process of Apple's latest device, the Apple Watch. They appear to have gotten their hands on a silver Apple Watch Sport edition watch, which means it's made from anodized aluminum with Ion-X strengthened glass and a Sport band.

The Ion-X glass recently underwent a scratch test, along with the sapphire crystal glass display from the higher-end Apple Watches.

The iFixit tear-down is currently in progress and hasn't yet been completed, but it reveals the cute little 205 mAh Lithium-ion battery and the taptic engine within the small housing.

iFixit notes that the battery doesn't have much adhesive, so replacements for the battery in the Apple Watch should be relatively simple and straightforward, and since there are no screws to open the device, pry tools are required to remove the display assembly before one can get into the internals of the device.

As the tear-down continues, we'll learn more about the Apple Watch and its internals, as well as its repairability score. You can follow the tear-down on iFixit's site at this link.

Update: The battery is found to last 1000 charge cycles while retaining 80% of the battery's capacity.

Stay tuned!

Sources: iFixit
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-24 at 06:10 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-24)

Gotta love ifixit! They have awesome guides. Helped me save numerous iPhone 4, 4s, and 5!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

jery911 (2015-04-26), oldskoolsk8r (2015-04-24), TDH Advocate (2015-04-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't really want a watch but have been looking forward to this tear down for a while.

Thanks

The battery will prolly be able to be replaced next year with a 410 mAh battery... The ease of battery removal is really gonna help keep this years watch from becoming obsolete when next years and the year after comes out... Gonna be able to buy bigger capacity and better aftermarket batteries too maybe...