Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia Ready to Return to the Mobile Phone Market?

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default Nokia Ready to Return to the Mobile Phone Market?

Back from the dead and ready to rumble. That could very well be the headline today for Nokia, which may be poised to resurrect its mobile phone operations and return to the market for battle with its leading competition across an increasingly competitive landscape.

According to Re/Code, sources close to the company say Nokia could be back in the phone market soon -- possibly as soon as next year. Of course, Nokia isn't just pinning its hopes to the mobile market. We're told that they have various other "ambitious technology projects," some of which may evn pertain to virtual reality.

The move is driven by Nokia Technologies — the smallest of the three businesses that remained after the Microsoft deal, alongside its mapping and network equipment businesses.
    Armed with the resources it needs and apparently motivated with a second wind, it doesn't look like Nokia is ready for a permanent residence at the graveyard just yet.

“They have a lot of great stuff in development,” Richard Kerris, a former Nokia exec, is quoted in today's piece. “It gave me complete confidence that Nokia is a company that is not going away.”

Source: Re/Code

Hopefully they’ll bring something to the table. I’m bored as hell of my iPhone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambi_Valence View Post
    Hopefully they’ll bring something to the table. I’m bored as hell of my iPhone now.
    You're obviously not jailbroken...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

Atom2215 (2015-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    You're obviously not jailbroken...
    That is correct.

iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Thanks

All phones are boring as hell. Once you're over the initial excitement they get boring. There's only so much you can do with a phone no matter what manufacturer it is.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to envious86 For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-04-21)

Default Nokia Ready to Return to the Mobile Phone Market?
    Yeah hmm .. I'm bored of my iPhone.. Yes JB. And no i don't want another phone.. I want a spaceship phone that can take me to outer space . Lmao! See im bore at work during break.. Ok I'll shut up , have good day people!

What I mean is that improvements/changes in the interface would be nice. I don’t mean making everything flat and blindingly white.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by envious86 View Post
    There's only so much you can do with a phone no matter what manufacturer it is.
    But there is so much you can do with a smart phone.

I'm bored with my phone too. Looking forward to what Nokia may be cooking!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0