Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wondering How Long it Takes the Apple Watch to Boot Up? Here's a Demo Video

Default Wondering How Long it Takes the Apple Watch to Boot Up? Here's a Demo Video

A new video has appeared on YouTube demonstrating the time that it takes to boot up an Apple Watch and launch some of its applications. The video appears to have been recorded at an Apple Store via an Apple Watch display booth.

It's worth noting that because it's a demonstration unit and not a consumer unit, the hardware and software could vary from the types of Apple Watches that consumers will get their hands on. This is often the case with display units in stores and those in Apple Stores are no different.

The video can be watched below:

As demonstrated, the Apple Watch came in at a 70-second (1 minute and 10 seconds) boot time, which is actually quite the lengthy start-up time for an Apple device compared to other devices that Apple sells.

On the other hand, it's unlikely that the user is going to powering off and on their Apple Watch all the time, as they're more likely to just leave it on all the time even when charging the device at night.

Is this lengthy boot-up time enough to sway you from wanting to use the device? Share in the comments below.

Sources: YouTube

I'm not willing to give up my jailbreak for one of these devices just yet. This video doesn't make a convincing case for the time you'd save to, say, check the weather on your watch vs the 2-3 seconds it would take to pull your phone out of your pocket. Perhaps that watch wasn't paired? Even so, it looks like you're going to have to get used to those endlessly-spinning wheels:

Apple Watch performance for third party apps said to be slow | BGR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2015-04-20)

What a load of rubbish! If that's the best it can do, No thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

May need to be paired for weather to work. Or at least wifi. Being a display model it most likely isn't paired and may not even be on wifi. Be interesting to see one perform in a real life situation whilst paired to a iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoever gets theirs first please post a video of your watch paired to your phone and let's compare.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jackbauerctu For This Useful Post:

Atom2215 (2015-04-21)

Hahaha, you gullible people, this is not the real thing, geez, it's clearly a knock-off, just look at the crappy, lifeless display and jerky animations.

Too slow and ugly. I'm not giving up my Breitling for this

Lmao what a pos

It reminds me of the first gen iPod touch.

Wow.
    Worst video take I've seen in many, many years.

That sure isn't going to help them sell watches. re the startup (or, non-start) of the weather app, I wonder what kind of net connection they had. Or if they had one at all. Boot time isn't likely to be an issue -- unless it runs out of battery on a regular basis. Then it is going to be a big issue.

Haha so much pain for that person getting that 10k watch... Damm 2+min i ain't getting back. R.i.H

Thanks

It is a pretty ugly watch though. It reminds me a lot of the 1st generation iPhone with the silver and black backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    May need to be paired for weather to work. Or at least wifi. Being a display model it most likely isn't paired and may not even be on wifi. Be interesting to see one perform in a real life situation whilst paired to a iPhone.
    That make sense. I would anticipate all data is coming from the iPhone to which its paired. Long start up time but also curious how it fares in real world situations.