Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Video Shows iOS 8.4 Beta 1 Jailbroken on an iPhone 6 Plus

  1. #1
    Default New Video Shows iOS 8.4 Beta 1 Jailbroken on an iPhone 6 Plus


    For those that have been waiting patiently for some kind of jailbreak news for Apple's latest firmware release(s) post-iOS 8.1.2, we have some good news, and some bad news.

    The good news is that a newly-posted video of a functioning jailbreak running on iOS 8.4 beta 1 on an iPhone 6 Plus has surfaced on the Interwebz. This means that jailbreaking the firmware is indeed possible and there could be some light at the end of the tunnel.

    The only bad news directly related to this video is that said jailbreak probably isn't going to be released any time soon because the person behind the jailbreak being teased is @i0n1c (Stefan Esser), known for not only being a very clever security expert, but also for keeping his jailbreaks to himself while teasing the general public.

    You can watch the video demonstration below:



    iOS 8.4 beta 1 was released to the public just a little over a week ago with a re-designed Music application, which you can clearly see in the demonstration video. The video also demonstrates launching Cydia and showing the iOS version at the bottom of the application.

    The video description reads:

    Quote Originally Posted by i0n1c
    Hi fellow netizens,

    today I am delighted to share this video of a proof of concept iOS 8.4-beta 1 jailbreak that I was working on the last 4 days. Of course this video will trigger haters all over the jailbreaking scene that for some reason believe they can decide what a person is allowed to do or not do with their work. Haters gonna hate. So just ignore the haters and never let them tell you what you have to do. In that regard never let anyone bully you and stop you from showing your own hard work. Peace!

    The major vulnerability used in here was found right after the SyScan 2015 security conference when I was relaxing in Singapore from several weeks of training and conferences. The vulnerability itself is however not new to iOS. Instead it is inside the code virtually forever. But the code of this jailbreak has nothing at all todo with the previous CyberElevat0r for iOS 7.1.1 - it does not share a single line of code.

    I am not showing persistence or an untether at the moment because something is broken with it. But hey this is just a first proof of concept.

    I will keep you posted with updates. Don't forget to subscribe to this channel if you want to no miss updates.

    You can always follow me on Twitter @i0n1c https://twitter.com/i0n1c - but be warned people who beg for jailbreaks get blocked quite fast.

    Be positive
    and to say it with RomanAtwood's words: Smile More
    @i0n1c out
    As noted, the jailbreak is not untethered yet because it isn't yet complete. Moreover, the security researcher notes that everything about this jailbreak is made completely from scratch without using any part of any previous jailbreaks he has made; this just shows how new software will always come with new security holes, no matter what.



    Noted in a Tweet (shown above), and also interpretable from the YouTube video description, i0n1c has every intention of uploading more progress videos to continually update those interested on the progress of the jailbreak.

    It's more likely that any public release of a jailbreak for iOS 8.3 or iOS 8.4 will come with TaiG than i0n1c, but the proof of concept that iOS 8.4 can indeed be jailbroken is a breath of fresh air and is reassuring that a jailbreak will certainly surface at some point or another. Stay patient and stay tuned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-19 at 10:43 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2015-04-20), markotak (2015-04-20)

  3. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts

    It doesn't make much sense to not release this because what's the point in having a jailbreak that has no compatible tweaks or anything. He has Cydia but that's it. I hope he helps the guys out with the jailbreak.

  4. #3
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    I don't think anyone hates him for what he does or doesn't do with his work. If people are like me they hate him mainly for being a female dog about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by envious86 View Post
    It doesn't make much sense to not release this because what's the point in having a jailbreak that has no compatible tweaks or anything. He has Cydia but that's it. I hope he helps the guys out with the jailbreak.
    He won't. He'll teach his classes like he always does, but get mad if anyone tries to use the code from it (read, Pangu 7.1).

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    bomb-blast (2015-04-20), Jokadaking (2015-04-21), novadam (2015-04-20), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-20)

  6. #4
    Default New Video Shows iOS 8.4 Beta 1 Jailbroken on an iPhone 6 Plus
    I'm feeling optimistic that someone will jailbreak 8.3 or 8.4. With the Chinese folks on board these jailbreaks have come at lightning speed and been quite stable. It's reasonable to assume there are lots of folks working hard to be the first ones with a jailbreak. Widening the aperture of international hackers bodes well for anyone that likes to jailbreak!
    Last edited by talkin73; 2015-04-20 at 12:05 AM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talkin73 For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-04-21), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-20)

  8. #5
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    i0nic is a very eccentric guy.. But hasn't really done anything for the JB community since 4.3.. He says he doesn't really like the JB community because of all the piracy.. Kind of a strange statement to me. What does "not liking the jb community" have to do with "piracy".. Weird comparison.. But at least we know 8.4 has enough exploits for a JB.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-04-21), mike42 (2015-04-20), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-20), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-20)

  10. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by envious86 View Post
    It doesn't make much sense to not release this because what's the point in having a jailbreak that has no compatible tweaks or anything. He has Cydia but that's it. I hope he helps the guys out with the jailbreak.
    He sells it to the Chinese. Duh. Rememeber the leaked recording of GeoHot doing the same thing? He does release them, but he makes sure to get paid first. Smart guy, if you ask me. TaiG and Pangu do a lot of their own work but they pay him and others for what the parts they can't do themselves.

  11. #7
    If TaiG and Pangu pay this guy to disclose the exploit like you say then what's in it for them? it's not like they charge us for the Jailbreak or anything. Also, I don't remember them asking for donations either..then again I could be wrong on that front. I haven't jailbroken my 4s since 7.06

  12. #8
    Nothing to see here. Just keep moving.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-04-21), mike42 (2015-04-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-20)

  14. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I don't think anyone hates him for what he does or doesn't do with his work. If people are like me they hate him mainly for being a female dog about it.



    He won't. He'll teach his classes like he always does, but get mad if anyone tries to use the code from it (read, Pangu 7.1).
    My thoughts exactly

  15. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life Mav1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,407
    Thanks
    3,451
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

    He's an egotistical jackass that wants everyone to kiss his coat tails.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-04-21), mike42 (2015-04-20), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-20)

  17. #11
    Just a load of showing off and teasing realy kinda childish

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fluffybunnyabc For This Useful Post:

    Mav1971 (2015-04-20), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-20)

  19. #12
    No matter what happens, a new jailbreak will eventually be released by someone. That's all I care about!

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

    miketurbo123 (2015-04-20), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-20), thazsar (2015-04-20)

  21. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Honestly, anyone who spends their free time teasing people about something he has but wont release is an arrogant, pathetic, egotistical asswad.

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    Jokadaking (2015-04-21), linkincyde (2015-04-20), Mav1971 (2015-04-20), mike42 (2015-04-20), NewD (2015-04-20), sheltons.iphone (2015-04-21), Silverado1987 (2015-04-20), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-20), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20)

  23. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 147 Times in 107 Posts

    It has to be stupi0n1c... you are the worst for the jailbreak community and not just because you use to keep the jailbreaks for yourself. It's everything related to you as a person also and this is my PERSONAL opinion. I knew who you was since the first day I heard about you. And in the top of that you ask us to subscribe your youtube channel and twitter. I just saw it here, I don't follow you on Twitter neither youtube. You don't deserve us.
    Last edited by javiert30; 2015-04-20 at 09:15 AM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

    sheltons.iphone (2015-04-21), TDH Advocate (2015-04-20)

  25. #15
    Oh he's not worthy of note then.

  26. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    If TaiG and Pangu pay this guy to disclose the exploit like you say then what's in it for them? it's not like they charge us for the Jailbreak or anything. Also, I don't remember them asking for donations either..then again I could be wrong on that front. I haven't jailbroken my 4s since 7.06
    They get to promote their Chinese alternative to Cydia, which is BIG business. Remember when they paid the English-speaking teams to bundle it? It's still bundled and default for a Chinese phone.

  27. #17
    Hope they figure this out What are you supposed to do if you are getting an Apple watch, but don't want to lose your 8.1.2 jailbreak?

    Any way the Watch app can be loaded onto 8.1.2?
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-04-20 at 03:07 PM.

  28. #18
    No, nothing so far and I don't think there will be any...

  29. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    The JB is coming regardless of what this article outlines. Patience people...patience.

  30. #20
    Spidey its really true wat you said I agree with you 1000% but we got taig and pangu
    Who undoubtedly will share and keep the masses updated
    Some turds should be left alone and stop teasing us hard working willing to pay and support fellow jailers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •