Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CyNotifier is a New Jailbreak Tweak That Can Notifiy You About Cydia Package Updates

Default CyNotifier is a New Jailbreak Tweak That Can Notifiy You About Cydia Package Updates

When it comes to Cydia packages, updates are frequent, and sometimes it can be easy to forget to check Cydia for updates on a timely basis, which means you could be missing out on important security fixes, bug fixes, and even fun new features for your favorite jailbreak tweaks.

A new free jailbreak tweak that hit the ModMyi repository on Saturday called CyNotifier by iOS developer rbt could be just what you need to help keep your Cydia packages up to date.

This tweak is basically a bridge between Cydia and the stock iOS notification center system. What this means is that any time there is an update for one of your packages in Cydia, CyNotifier will alert you with a push notification so that you know to open Cydia and update your package.

CyNotifier can be set up to check Cydia for updates in the background at any interval you want. You can have large intervals, which protects your battery life from unwanted drainage, or you can go for more frequent intervals, which will obviously leave a larger footprint in your battery life. Moreover, you can select what repositories CyNotifier will check for updates, and you can even be more specific and just select individual packages that you're interested in receiving notifications about.

CyNotifier is configured from the Settings application after being installed. We've included screenshots of the preferences that you can configure below:

Your options here include:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Configuring whether the tweak will be limited to checking on Wi-Fi networks, or on cellular networks too
    • Hiding or showing a notification badge on the Cydia icon when an update is available
    • Excluding the packages you have installed that you're not interested in receiving update notifications for
    • Excluding the repositories you have added that you're not interested in receiving update notifications from
    • Allowing the tweak to show a "No Updates Found" banner when it checks for updates and none are available
    • Manually update the update checker via a button

CyNotifier integrates very nicely with Cydia and iOS' notification center. It's an easy 5-star tweak in our eyes and we can see it being useful in the lives of many jailbreakers that want to keep their Cydia packages up to date for the good of their own stability and user experience. Best of all, it's completely free of cost in Cydia's ModMyi repository right now. Check it out!

Name: CyNotifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0 through iOS 8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rbt
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it.

One problem with that tweak: it displays ads everywhere

I don't understand how Anthony can rate it 5 star with all the ads.

First of all, thanks a lot for the review, Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by ArChAiC69 View Post
    One problem with that tweak: it displays ads everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    What do you mean it displays ads everywhere? There must be something wrong.
    Could you guys contact me through the contact button from the package on Cydia? This way I'll get a list of your installed packages and can investigate. Thanks!

I have an update in cydia, but cynotifier didnt show me something And is it possible to have notification center support?

For support please write me a mail using either the contact button on Cydia or in the settings of CyNotifier.
    In some cases CyNotifier does not send you a notification. For example if the package is from a non-default repo that is not yet supported.
    There won't be a native nc support soon, but it should be possible to save the notification.

I cant find it in ModMyi

Default CyNotifier is a New Jailbreak Tweak That Can Notifiy You About Cydia Package ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
    I didn't have any ads?

Do you see any ads in my screenshots? I don't :/

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    I have an update in cydia, but cynotifier didnt show me something And is it possible to have notification center support?
    Maybe you need to adjust the update check frequency so that it checks more frequently? It doesn't just pop up with notifications as soon as an update is released, but rather, you choose an interval that the tweak will search to see if you have any updates.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-20 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks

I don't mind going to Cydia and seeing the updates available. I get enough alerts daily via NC.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default CyNotifier is a New Jailbreak Tweak That Can Notifiy You About Cydia Package ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I didn't have any ads?

Do you see any ads in my screenshots? I don't :/

Maybe you need to adjust the update check frequency so that it checks more frequently? It doesn't just pop up with notifications as soon as an update is released, but rather, you choose an interval that the tweak will search to see if you have any updates.
    I had ads too... Even in other apps. Uninstalling got rid of them.

Edit: example
    Last edited by SpiderManAPV; 2015-04-20 at 04:43 PM.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Ads popping up in the ESPN app every time I switched tabs. Mostly App Store video ads which can't be immediately dismissed, I had to wait until the video loaded to dismiss them. Uninstalling the tweak got rid of them...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jmripollg For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-20)

I didn't have any ads... Hmmmm

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

I'm investigating what's happening with the ads. Same as Anthony I don't have any problems, neither did anyone from the beta test tell me about this and it was a huge beta test.
    Anyway, it would be great to receive a mail from anyone who has an issue with the tweak. Contact me either on the package details page on Cydia or via the contact button of CyNotifier's settings. This way it's easier for me to help. I can't follow multiple threads.

Seems to be solved: You can always get the newest beta version on my repo http://betarepo.thisisdns.com
    Last edited by rbt; 2015-04-22 at 05:08 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rbt For This Useful Post: