Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Wu-Lock' Allows You to Customize Your Lock Screen With Custom Glyphs, Text, & More

Default 'Wu-Lock' Allows You to Customize Your Lock Screen With Custom Glyphs, Text, & More

If you're interested in a very easy way to customize your iOS 8 Lock Screen with custom glyphs and text, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Wu-Lock by iOS developer Sticktron.

This tweak was created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Wu-Tang Clan, as the developer notes in the Cydia description, and as a result, you'll find a lot of Wu-Tang Clan-themed glyphs pre-loaded into the tweak, but don't let this discourage you if you're not a Wu-Tang clan fan because you can use other icons and even add your own that can be used in conjunction with the tweak.

Added to the Settings application after installation is a new preferences pane that lets you configure Wu-Lock to your liking:

Here, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Choose an image to use for your Lock Screen glyph
    • Configure a rendering style for your Lock Screen glyph
    • Configure a Y axis offset for your Lock Screen glyph
    • Hide or show the chevron next to the slide to unlock text
    • Configure custom slide to unlock text
    • Configure custom text for Touch ID failure
    • Configure a custom Lock Screen dim timeout

Here are the pre-loaded Lock Screen glyph choices that come with the tweak when you install it:

If you don't like any of them, you can add your own images to either of the folders (Default or Custom) under /Library/Application Support/Wu-Lock/ via SSH or iFile to make them appear here. Then, you can add them yourself and apply them to your Lock Screen:

If you're interested in using Wu-Lock to customize your Lock Screen, check it out from Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. It's completely free and is designed to work with iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads running iOS 8.

Name: Wu-Lock
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Sticktron

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-17)

Thanks

If my whole phones theme wasn't all star wars I would install this tweak... I love Wu-Tang! I flew from Hawaii to Los Angeles last year to see Wu perform at the old Lakers stadium called The Forum... I was In L.A. for 14 hours only and went straight from the airport to whole foods, then to the show, then to my hotel for a few hours sleep and back to the airport first thing in the morning... Wu-Tang Forever!

Thanks

Only wish that I would have seen them years ago when O.D.B. Was still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    If my whole phones theme wasn't all star wars I would install this tweak... I love Wu-Tang! I flew from Hawaii to Los Angeles last year to see Wu perform at the old Lakers stadium called The Forum... I was In L.A. for 14 hours only and went straight from the airport to whole foods, then to the show, then to my hotel for a few hours sleep and back to the airport first thing in the morning... Wu-Tang Forever!
    You can put Star Wars images into the folder for this tweak and use Star Wars images on your Lock Screen –– it's not only Wu-Tang.

It just requires a little digging around.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You can put Star Wars images into the folder for this tweak and use Star Wars images on your Lock Screen it's not only Wu-Tang.

It just requires a little digging around.
    Thanks Anthony... I've been using the atom tweak on my lockscreen, maybe I'll just go in and change the little circular grabber image to an image from the star wars camera grabber tweak...