Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Teen Interest in the Apple Watch Reportedly Drops Ahead of its Launch

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    It's a fitness watch that you can't swim with. Also, showering, doing dishes, watering the lawn, water balloon fights, ice bucket challenges... Life can get wet. I want my device to be able to, too.
    Except for swimming, the Apple watch is capable of handling any of that.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

novadam (2015-04-16), Sage I (2015-04-16)

Well the Apple watch is better then the pebble steel time watch. But if you can't afford the Apple watch then the pebble is next best thing. I one of many that pre ordered the most expensive Apple watch"not the gold edition" the thing the watch does for me is worth every penny. Well at lest the 600 price but I wanted the better finished. First of all no one should buy this for a kid. Unless for bday or Xmas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vcf View Post
    Well the Apple watch is better then the pebble steel time watch. But if you can't afford the Apple watch then the pebble is next best thing. I one of many that pre ordered the most expensive Apple watch"not the gold edition" the thing the watch does for me is worth every penny. Well at lest the 600 price but I wanted the better finished. First of all no one should buy this for a kid. Unless for bday or Xmas.
    Well said

Thanks

First of all the basis of this article is some few thousand teens surveyed and is by no means a good generalization of whether or not teens are interested in an apple watch... Many teens that are already hooked into the Apple ecosystem and can afford a sport model or whose parents don't mind hooking their kid up with an expensive smart watch will be rocking/wanting to rock the Apple watch... By the second or third generation all kinds of teens are gonna be wearing their parents hand me down first generation apple watches... Once the kids see us "old timers" loving and using our watch they're gonna be envious...

I haven't worn or even owned a watch in about 20 years, I actually strongly dislike watches from a function and fashion point of view... I have no interest in a watch, nor the need to look at the time constantly, I'm on Hawaii time, I'm on my time... I also have had no interest in fitness watches/trackers as I'm not very active physically.... Despite all of this I ordered an $1,100 apple watch... Might seem crazy to some, totally worth it to me though... I see some amazing uses for it already... Just looking at the updates on the app store recently and seeing the apps that are already updated with features and compatibility with the apple watch and it's potential is looking really good already...

I'm amazed at how many mmi members I've seen diss the Apple watch recently and write it off as an overpriced fitness tracker only... The uses are already piling up for me and I haven't even thought of using it for any kind of fitness or health purposes yet...
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-04-16 at 03:11 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

novadam (2015-04-16)

nobody's going to want a phone without a physical keyboard. total flop.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Waayyyyy too over priced. Apple is on crack. I'd rather get one for free when I catch someone in a dark alley

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Waayyyyy too over priced. Apple is on crack. I'd rather get one for free when I catch someone in a dark alley
    Apple is not on crack and the watch is not over priced because it depends for what you need it for, I'll tell you about me I paid $420 two years ago for an automatic Bulova watch and its a good watch but all I can do is use it for the time only but now with the watch sport that I ordered I'll be able to use a "Device+Watch" and only for $400 I think that the price is ok when you need more than a time piece, it's only my opinion.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moncion78 For This Useful Post:

novadam (2015-04-16), Sage I (2015-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moncion78 View Post
    Apple is not on crack and the watch is not over priced because it depends for what you need it for, I'll tell you about me I paid $420 two years ago for an automatic Bulova watch and its a good watch but all I can do is use it for the time only but now with the watch sport that I ordered I'll be able to use a "Device+Watch" and only for $400 I think that the price is ok when you need more than a time piece, it's only my opinion.
    Waste of money. How is that your only option when there are several other watches available for 100-200?

Default Teen Interest in the Apple Watch Reportedly Drops Ahead of its Launch
    Waste of money. How is that your only option when there are several other watches available for 100-200?
    He didn't say it was his only option.

"Waste of money" seems kind of subjective, too. For instance, me buying a hockey stick or a swordfish steak would be a waste of money. I don't play hockey and I hate fish. But buying a baseball bat or a filet mignon might not be -- I play baseball and I love steak.

So what might be a waste of money for you, might not be for him. At least he qualified his opinion by saying it was his opinion. You just threw yours out there as the immutable truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    He didn't say it was his only option.

"Waste of money" seems kind of subjective, too. For instance, me buying a hockey stick or a swordfish steak would be a waste of money. I don't play hockey and I hate fish. But buying a baseball bat or a filet mignon might not be -- I play baseball and I love steak.

So what might be a waste of money for you, might not be for him. At least he qualified his opinion by saying it was his opinion. You just threw yours out there as the immutable truth.
    Waste of money...also, he said clear as day it's his only option...lol...how is it his only option to waste an extra couple hundred bucks on an apple watch when there are other cheaper options?

Waste of money...also, he said clear as day it's his only option...lol...how is it his only option to waste an extra couple hundred bucks on an apple watch when there are other cheaper options?
    where does he say that???

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote where he said that... I don't see it.

He said it's only his OPINION, not option.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    "Apple has become a "follower" in the industry today and not an innovator anymore." I tend to agree with this statement. The first iPhone was considered innovative because of east of use and its 3.5" touch screen...oh and apps. I have not seen anything innovative on the iPhone since. Only feature that I will even mention is finger print reader. The ease of use with that is great. Beyond that, my first iPhone can do almost everything the iPhone 6+ can do. As for the watch, I was going to purchase one because i am a gadget guy and used to love wearing watches (haven't warn a watch steadily since i was 12) I cannot justify spending 350-$1000 when the watch doesn't do anything that any other smart watch cannot. Just because Apple makes it, doesn't mean it should be priced way higher than the current offerings.
    Totally agree with you

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Beyond that, my first iPhone can do almost everything the iPhone 6+ can do.
    Now that's an overstatement... How bout the iPad? They were the first to market with a tablet.. And other of their firmware and hardware designs were innovative until about 2 years ago.. I'm the guy that made the original statement about Apple not leading anymore.. But ya went a little too far there.. The iPhone 2G (original) was a "stone aged" hammer tool compared to an iPhone 6/6+..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12