Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Reports Claim Apple is Now Only Taking a 15% Cut for All Apple TV Subscriptions

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Reports Claim Apple is Now Only Taking a 15% Cut for All Apple TV Subscriptions

It was noted that Apple used to take 30% of all monthly sales made through their digital stores, which included subscriptions to Newsstand magazines as well as other monthly charges. New reports from Re/code however, noted that the Cupertino-based company has gotten more generous with their cuts and is now only taking half of the sales for subscriptions that were made through Apple TV. This is probably a smart move on Apple’s end as it is a way to get more companies to work with them.

So far, companies like HBO, Netflix, and Hulu all have a deal with Apple for the Apple TV. It is unclear as to when Apple decided to make this change, but all current Apple TV services are under these terms. Apple’s deal with HBO has been noted to be highly successful, so with the new terms more companies are likely to work with Apple for their television service.

Source: Re/code

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This obviously does not apply to Netflix. Even if I frequently watch it on the Apple TV, I didn't sign up for it there. I watch it on many non-Apple platforms. Not sure how they can expect anything. It's obvious that reporting has failed to consider just what is covered by these dues. For example: Apple never got 30% of my Dominos Pizza price just because I ordered and paid in the app. I put in my credit card and did not use an Apple ID to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    This obviously does not apply to Netflix. Even if I frequently watch it on the Apple TV, I didn't sign up for it there. I watch it on many non-Apple platforms. Not sure how they can expect anything. It's obvious that reporting has failed to consider just what is covered by these dues. For example: Apple never got 30% of my Dominos Pizza price just because I ordered and paid in the app. I put in my credit card and did not use an Apple ID to pay for it.
    Same thing with Hulu. Unless you sign up for something through Apple, they're not getting a dime.