Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SmoothPop' Gives You a Smooth Fade-out Animation for Your iOS Keyboard Key Pops

Default 'SmoothPop' Gives You a Smooth Fade Animation for Your iOS Keyboard Popups

While typing on the iOS keyboard, do you notice that when you strike a key, a pop-up appears over that key to show you what you're typing? This is an aesthetic feature that occurs while typing because Apple knows your fingers cover the keys as you're typing, and the pop-up lets you see what you just tapped on.

Typically, when you are typing, the pop-up just appears and quickly disappears. A new free jailbreak tweak called SmoothPop by iOS developer PoomSmart gives these pop-ups a more aesthetically-pleasing fade-out animation so that they just don't instantly disappear, but smoothly disappear instead.

For example, you can see in our screenshot below how the keys are slowly fading out of the picture:

SmoothPop does basically the opposite of what a recently-released tweak called NoKeyPop does because it makes the key popping animation stay around longer rather than never appearing.

If you like adding a little spice to the small features of iOS for your aesthetic needs, then check out SmoothPop; it's free in Cydia's BigBoss repository and doesn't have any options to configure. Plus, it looks really nice!

Name: SmoothPop
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (2015-04-13)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"fat finger protection"

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed it on my iPhone 6+ and really honestly don't see a difference...I must just have terrible luck with these tweaks

I'm with magnum can't even notice a difference uninstalling don't waste your time

Thanks

Default 'SmoothPop' Gives You a Smooth Fade-out Animation for Your iOS Keyboard Key Pops
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    I installed it on my iPhone 6+ and really honestly don't see a difference...I must just have terrible luck with these tweaks
    Had it on my 6+ and was only able to notice it slightly, I really had to look to sorta see it... It is a subtle fade, seemed to lag a lil bit and cause my keystrokes to lag a lil bit as well... Also I noticed my simple 4 digit passcode at the lock screen wouldn't work with this tweak installed...
    Last edited by Sage I; 2015-04-16 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Had it on my 6+ and was only able to notice it slightly, I really had to look to sorta see it... It is a subtle fade, seemed to lag a lil bit and cause my keystrokes to lag a lil bit as well... Also I noticed my simple 4 digit passcode at the lock screen wouldn't work with this tweet installe...
    VERY subtle.