Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 8.3 Puts an End to Using iExplorer, iFunBox, and Other iOS File Browsing Apps on Stock Devices

Apple might have closed some of the door seeing how they are a larger target now for malicious attacks too.

As long as I can jailbreak and gain root access, who cares. That's what we did before the Funbox's.

I think it's great, It will force people who want to change there iOS experience to jailbreak. Apple will see how many people want the freedom to change their device by going the jailbreak route.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    Let me ask you something. For how long would you tolerate someone from a furniture company coming to your house, who will not allow you to bring in a piece of their furniture which you had fully purchased into your home without their agent first approving it? I'd be surprised if anyone would allow this or think that it was in any way acceptable for any company to conduct themselves in this manner. Am I wrong? True, once the sofa or recliner is in your house you can do with it as you please, but that still wouldn't excuse such a gross intrusion, would it?
    A complete non-sequitur. Not a valid 1:1 comparison at all. Your couch can't be infected and cause your furniture company tech support calls.. LOOOOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    A complete non-sequitur. Not a valid 1:1 comparison at all. Your couch can't be infected and cause your furniture company tech support calls.. LOOOOL!!!!
    Actually it's quite spot on. Furniture can be infected by many sorts of insects (this actually happened to friend of mine after buying a couch a while back.) Someone could also plant a bug inside and listen to your conversations. Seriously, why is it so hard for you to admit that Apple is exacting control over devices that we all own without our permission? There is no conceptual difference between these two scenarios.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    So it begins.

I'm not sure what that's from, but I know a guy who strangely resembles this.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uri8472 View Post
    Actually it's quite spot on. Furniture can be infected by many sorts of insects (this actually happened to friend of mine after buying a couch a while back.) Someone could also plant a bug inside and listen to your conversations. Seriously, why is it so hard for you to admit that Apple is exacting control over devices that we all own without our permission? There is no conceptual difference between these two scenarios.
    Not even close. I won't dignify any further interaction with you when you can't see the most simple difference in your comparisons.

I never stated anywhere that Apple isn't locking down their firmware. You're changing your argument on the fly. I offered to you why they do it and how it's NOT taking away your rights as an owner. In fact in the user agreement you effectually sign by opening the product and registering it you agree NOT to tamper with the OS. So when we jailbreak.. we're actually voiding our warranty. Hell, jailbreaking an iPad is actually against the law. Silly though that may be.. Everything you are 'hampered by' in getting at your phone's firmware is something you 'agree to' when purchasing an iPhone. Just live with it.. It's what you've 'agreed to' in the user agreement.

And stop taking out your frustrations on me as if I'm Apple (in psychology it's called "projection"). I'm a user just like you. And I jailbreak and always will. But I'm just not gonna whimper like some do about how Apple should leave their paws off something I own..

I just put you on ignore.. so I won't see your reply to this. I'm now bored of this topic..

Always fun!..... not....
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-15 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I offered to you why they do it and how it's NOT taking away your rights as an owner.
    It is my right and only right to decide what to install to a device which I own, not Apple, yet they are assuming that right, so yes we as owners have been deprived of it. In fact they outright hijacked it the process which shouldn't even require an Internet connection. If it wants to inform me that the IPSW is no longer supported or is unknown, that's fine, but standing in the way as a full on gatekeeper to the OS installation process is beyond wrong.

So when we jailbreak.. we're actually voiding our warranty. Hell, jailbreaking an iPad is actually against the law. Silly though that may be.. Everything you are 'hampered by' in getting at your phone's firmware is something you 'agree to' when purchasing an iPhone. Just live with it.. It's what you've 'agreed to' in the user agreement.
    Would you be singing the same tune if the EULA said that every user was obligated to give Apple their first born? I think (and seriously hope) not. Again, such pseudo agreements are NOT formal contracts, so if you really feel that way, you're more deluded than I thought. It really has no impact on my rights as the owner of the hardware. I have just as much right to install what I want on a mobile device as I do a desktop device.

And stop taking out your frustrations on me as if I'm Apple
    Frankly, if you weren't constantly coming off as if you were a spokesman, going out of your way to defend Apple, then maybe people wouldn't be as likely to make that mistake.

Thanks

Default iOS 8.3 Puts an End to Using iExplorer, iFunBox, and Other iOS File Browsing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    It is my right and only right to decide what to install to a device which I own, not Apple, yet they are assuming that right, so yes we as owners have been deprived of it.
    Oh that's right.. there are 2 of you making this case....
    Actually you're wrong there. If you had "the right" you could legally sue Apple for ownership infringement and privacy rights allegations.. But you can't sue them. Why not? Let me educate you. Apple has no obligation to give you any firmware you want. They write the agreements very clearly that you are "leasing their firmware from them for the perpetuity of the device". You own the shell of the phone itself and its hardware - but you only have a limited 'usage right' granted to you for use of the firmware on that one phone. You do NOT own the firmware in the device.

This is where most people are clueless about basic operating system/firmware ownership rights. You don't 'really' own the OS on your computer either. It's called Piracy if you try and add it to another machine in your house (without a multiuser license) or if you give it to a friend/family member. Apple just writes their user agreement a little more stringently than a computer OS to not allow allow you access to the firmware files to do with as you please. But the reading of your user agreement locks you in. What Apple is doing is both legal and their prerogative. So stop whining and wise up to the user agreements with regard to firmware usage/ownership.

You are also now on ignore.. So I won't see your response if you write one..

Peace..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-16 at 12:57 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-16)

Instead of reading these two numbnuts argue about nothing can anyone actually make an intelligent comment about their experience with these apps after the upgrade? Are all shot to crap?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Instead of reading these two numbnuts argue about nothing can anyone actually make an intelligent comment about their experience with these apps after the upgrade? Are all shot to crap?
    I believe several have already come up with work arounds.

......beware......

Default iOS 8.3 Puts an End to Using iExplorer, iFunBox, and Other iOS File Browsing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I believe several have already come up with work arounds.
    Thanks. Iexplorer is now 8.3 ready.
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 2015-04-25 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Do you know which?
    I remember reading that iFunBox did, though their website doesn't say either way. iExplorer specifically says it supports iOS 8.3.

IMPORTANT EDIT: iExplorer does have a few issues, so out can't do everything. Don't purchase without reading the support notes.
    Last edited by SpiderManAPV; 2015-04-25 at 08:18 PM.

......beware......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123