Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Define Activator' Lets You Easily Define Any Word From Anywhere Via Activator

Default 'Define Activator' Lets You Easily Define Any Word From Anywhere Via Activator

Every so often, you come across a word that you don't really understand and it's useful to just look it up. You can search for the word online, or you can highlight the word and define the word right from there. Sometimes, you think of a word you want to know more about and it's not on your screen, so you can't actually highlight it to define it.

To make things easier, a new free jailbreak tweak called Define Activator by iOS developer MohammadAG is available in Cydia that integrates with Activator to bring up a quick defining interface on demand.

All you need to do to get the tweak working is install it, configure it with an Activator gesture, and then perform your Activator gesture to pull up the word field. When you enter the word you want, you then tap on the "Define" button and the iOS built-in dictionary appears with information about the word you are querying about, as shown above.

Below, you can see we've assigned the tweak the Activator gesture of double-tapping on the Status Bar (you can use whatever you want):

Define Activator is definitely a great ease-of-use and accessibility tweak for those needing quick access to a dictionary, no matter what.

It's available free of cost in Cydia right now since it's new, you can head over to the Changes tab in Cydia and refresh your sources to find it, along with several other new tweaks that were just released. The tweak requires iOS 8 and Activator to be installed. Check it out!

Name: Define Activator
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MohammadAG
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems nifty, but I will just point out that Siri can define words. There are times that siri is inconvenient though.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Siri is the most foolish and deaf assistant. To get a correct word I've to pronounce ten times. But the beauty of Siri is it shows ten different words each time lol. Now I suspect whether I have problems with my tongue or not