Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Easily Set Any Image You Want as the Background of Your iOS 8 Keyboard

Default How to Easily Set Any Image You Want as the Background of Your iOS 8 Keyboard

For those of you looking to customize the background of your stock iOS 8 keyboard without having to download a third-party keyboard from the iOS App Store to do so, a new free jailbreak tweak called ImageBoard is now available in Cydia that can give you some very beautiful keyboard background effects.

ImageBoard is very versatile, and very easy to use. You can use it to set absolutely any still image that you want as your keyboard background, as shown above. You can find images that you want to use via an Internet search, or you can use images from your Camera Roll, it really doesn't matter.

ImageBoard adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can select an image from your Photo Library and then save your changes. When you tap on the save button, your device will respring so that the next time the keyboard is launched, your new background image will appear:

Want to give ImageBoard a try on your own jailbroken iOS 8 device? No problem! You can refresh your sources via the "Changes" tab in your Cydia application and you will find ImageBoard along with all of the rest of the most recently-released jailbreak tweaks. ImageBoard requires iOS 8 to be installed.

Name: ImageBoard
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Orangebananaspy
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-11)

I gotta admit... This works nicely

It does rock since colorkeyboard will likely never be updated in the app store. Anyone know a good way to colorize the keys to use with this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to Easily Set Any Image You Want as the Background of Your iOS 8 Keyboard
    It looks terrible. It squishes the image like crazy and if you got the dictator thing above the keyboard it tries to squish it in there to fit it too...deleting this until it lets us adjust the image in the keyboard how we prefer and gives us some type of preview of what it will look like before we set it. Also needs a "set to default" option

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    It looks terrible. It squishes the image like crazy and if you got the dictator thing above the keyboard it tries to squish it in there to fit it too...deleting this until it lets us adjust the image in the keyboard how we prefer and gives us some type of preview of what it will look like before we set it. Also needs a "set to default" option
    Why don't you just pick a better, more-landscapy image?

Thanks

Doesn't change the dictation portion. It tried to fit the image in there a second time

It works perfectly for me. I tried to post a picture, but uploads are failing for me.

Or just do like I did: take a screen shot of the keyboard, then make an image in ps to fit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArChAiC69 View Post
    Or just do like I did: take a screen shot of the keyboard, then make an image in ps to fit
    That's a great idea for those who aren't too lazy for all that.

It work for me also try to upload a screen shot, but says I have no permission to do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by crslaeme View Post
    It work for me also try to upload a screen shot, but says I have no permission to do it lol
    It did the same to me