View Poll Results: Did you pre-order an Apple Watch?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I pre-ordered an Apple Watch and got my verification e-mail!

13 41.94%
  • No, I don't want one.

17 54.84%
  • No, I'm waiting until they're more widely available and the bugs are worked out.

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [POLL] Did You Pre-order An Apple Watch?

Default [POLL] Did You Pre-order An Apple Watch?

The Apple Watch officially began its pre-ordering process this morning at 12:01 A.M. PDT time (that's 3:01 A.M. EST time) and many were online for hours getting ready only to find that the Apple Store had gone offline ahead of pre-orders.

As usual, Apple's online services were slammed by high demand and this caused issues with responsiveness for users of Apple's Web site and led to frustrations in the pre-ordering process.

Those who used the Apple Store application on their iOS devices seemed to have the most luck at pre-ordering their gadgets this morning, more-so than those using the Web site on a Web browser on their computer.

Shipping estimates were averaging anywhere from April 24th, all the way through July for some models for those ordering, which was expected due to the official announcement from Apple highlighting short supply compared to the high demand for the device.

We are interested in knowing whether or not you pre-ordered an Apple Watch, and if so, what kind; also, when are you expected to receive it? -- Share in the comments!

We have attached a poll to this post that you can visit from the forum section of our Web site at this link that you can participate in.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-10 at 11:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-10)

Thanks

I ordered two watches 20 minutes after they started taking pre orders... Got my lady the base price $549 38mm steel/Sapphire model with the sport band... I got the 42mm black steel with black steel band $1099 dealio for myself... Yay! So stoked!
    Last edited by Sage I; 2015-04-10 at 11:40 AM.

I got my order for a basic 38mm Apple Watch Sport (space gray with black band) in just about 2 minutes after pre-orders opened. I'm scheduled for April 24th-May 8th delivery.

Thanks

My lady's has the 24th-8th for shipping... Mine says June.

I had Favorited my watch earlier today. By 12:01 I opened Apple Store App straight to my account/favorite, clicked the 42mm Sport iWatch with Black Sports Band, clicked pre-order button and it made me enter my shipping info. I use SwiftKey so all my info was automatically inputting. I finished the purchase at exactly 12:02 with standard shipping time of 4/24-5/8 and instant email verification which states the same. I also had to verify last 3 digits of my CC when checking out hopes this helps

Quote Originally Posted by djrapmarz View Post
    I had Favorited my watch earlier today. By 12:01 I opened Apple Store App straight to my account/favorite, clicked the 42mm Sport iWatch with Black Sports Band, clicked pre-order button and it made me enter my shipping info. I use SwiftKey so all my info was automatically inputting. I finished the purchase at exactly 12:02 with standard shipping time of 4/24-5/8 and instant email verification which states the same. I also had to verify last 3 digits of my CC when checking out hopes this helps
    Same for me, although I've used the Apple store app before, so my shopping information was already saved and I just had to verify my credit card security number.

Yes I did!!! At 3:03 EDT. And yea I had to enter my verification code but that's it. Arrives 4/24-5/8.

Ordered the 42mm/Milanese loop at about 3:02 a.m. EST from the iPhone app w/ Apple Pay. Shipping date 4/24-5/8.

I ordered 4 only one will be deliver by April 24 all the others are out 4-6 weeks.

Thanks

I tried to use apple pay in the Apple store app but it kept returning an error on my billing address for some reason... Would have had my order in by 12:05 otherwise...

at about 3:05 eastern (when I gave up on the website and tried the app), I ordered four in four separate apple pay transactions.

38mm black sport - 4-6 weeks
    42mm black sport - 4-6 weeks
    38mm stainless w/black sport band - 4/24 to 5/8
    42mm stainless w/black sport band - 4-6 weeks

I bought the white sport 42mm. Was done at 12:03.

So those of you that ordered an Apple watch are ok to give up your jailbreak? A jailbroken iPhone is still more useful to me than an Apple watch. (So, no, I didn't order one.)
    Last edited by csglinux; 2015-04-10 at 03:28 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-04-10), fredHD (2015-04-10), mOj087 (2015-04-11), sheltons.iphone (2015-04-11), vinaygoel2000 (2015-04-10)

Thanks

I did and it said shipping June. Don't like that haha!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-10)

I got my 42 ss with standard band order minutes after avail. Got the wife's 38 ss sport band ordered and half hour later with a 4-6 week shipping. Just had to call apple and cancel hers so the could apply the three hundred in gift cards I had that the system wouldn't let me use. 4/24 hopefully I get my watch and can wear it to my wedding!!

No. I like real watches.

Ya I ordered thru Apple Store app on phone. The fastest I have ever got to order an item on preorder. I got 32mm stainless steel with the Milanese loop. My order was processed at 12:02am and shipping time is April 24-May 8th. So let's see when it actually arrives

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Ordered three but I know I will be returning/eBay one of them.

Black/Black 42mm Stainless for me and got both a Black/Black 38mm Sport and a Stainless 38mm Milanese for wifey (need to see which one she likes best). Mine says June, the other two say 4-6 weeks I believe.

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My order
    Ordered three but I know I will be returning/eBay one of them.

Black/Black 42mm Stainless for me and got both a Black/Black 38mm Sport and a Stainless 38mm Milanese for wifey (need to see which one she likes best). Mine says June, the other two say 4-6 weeks I believe.

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    So those of you that ordered an Apple watch are ok to give up your jailbreak? A jailbroken iPhone is still more useful to me than an Apple watch. (So, no, I didn't order one.)
    I'm pretty confident that there will be a jailbreak for 8.3 and in time for the May-June arrival of many of our watches...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast