Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Fix Apple Watch Performance Issues via Software Updates Prior to Launch

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple to Fix Apple Watch Performance Issues via Software Updates Prior to Launch

According to several early review versions of the Apple Watch, the device is reportedly experiencing performance problems that Apple claims will be fixed in upcoming software updates. One of the software updates is expected to arrive before the device lands on the wrists of consumers. The folks over at The Verge said that the Watch can sometimes stutter loading notifications and take too long to load apps or pull data and location from a paired iPhone. In some of the cases, third-party apps may not load at all and the Watch can even periodically become unresponsive for a few seconds.

The Cupertino California company told the publication about the updates in an effort to respond to the concerns mentioned. The company said it is at least hoping to improve the speed of several third-party apps ahead of the official April 24 launch. That being said, Apple didn’t specific when each of the updates might arrive or which problems will be fixed with each release. The third party apps in question include Twitter and The New York Times which are expected to be central to the Apple Watch’s appeal. Combined with the product’s built-in apps, they should let people handle many tasks without pulling their iPhone out of their pocket. If the Watch appears to be too slow, it may simply be easier to just turn to the phone, which is something Apple is trying to avoid.

Pre-orders for the device are set to go live on Friday, April 10 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and the company is presumably hoping to drum up further anticipation. The news of complaints about performance could potentially hurt preorder sales though. That being said, launch supplies are also said to be constrained so people wanting a Watch in the near future may be tempted to place an order right away just to make sure they can get their hands on one in time. We’ll have to wait and see what ends up happening.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-04-10)

this doesn't help my decision making process AT ALL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-10)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I started with 2nd model of iPhone (3G) and will start with a 2nd model of the watch.

In my experience Apple devices in general are weak when it comes to Bluetooth. I am constantly struggling with connecting to a car, music players, headphones and handoff has never worked properly. Maybe it's just me but I doubt it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    In my experience Apple devices in general are weak when it comes to Bluetooth. I am constantly struggling with connecting to a car, music players, headphones and handoff has never worked properly. Maybe it's just me but I doubt it.
    Definitely not just you. Me and my girl have issues constantly as well.

Thanks

Default Apple to Fix Apple Watch Performance Issues via Software Updates Prior to Launch
    I just ordered 2 different apple watches... Time will tell how they perform...

Never had BT issues. I've even been on different floors of my house between my phone and a BT speaker and don't lose the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Never had BT issues. I've even been on different floors of my house between my phone and a BT speaker and don't lose the connection.
    same here. I will start my car remotely while its parked on the street and my phone hooks into it from my house.