Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Releases iOS 8.3 to the Public With Redesigned Emoji Keyboard, Bug Fixes

Default Apple Officially Releases iOS 8.3 to the Public W/ Redesigned Emoji Keyboard, Bug Fixes

On Wednesday, following the release of OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 to the public with an all-new Photos application for OS X, Emoji skin tone customization, and improvements to Google two-step verification among other improvements, Apple released iOS 8.3 to the public for its mobile devices.

iOS 8.3 comes with improvements to Emoji with a redesigned Emoji keyboard, as well as a huge list of bug fixes and improvements, which we've included for you below compliments of Apple:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    This release includes improved performance, bug fixes, and a redesigned Emoji keyboard. Changes include:

Improved performance for:
    • App launch
    • App responsiveness
    • Control Center
    • Safari tabs
    • 3rd-party keyboards
    • Keyboard shortcuts
    • Simplified Chinese keyboard

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth fixes
    • Fixes an issue where you could be continuously prompted for login credentials
    • Addresses an issue where some devices disconnect intermittently from Wi-Fi networks
    • Fixes an issue where hands-free phone calls could become disconnected
    • Fixes an issue where audio playback could stop working with some bluetooth speakers

Orientation and rotation fixes
    • Addresses an issue that sometimes prevented rotating back to portrait after having rotated to landscape
    • Improves performance and stability issues that occurred when rotating the device between portrait and landscape
    • Fixes an issue where device orientation appeared upside down after pulling the iPhone 6 Plus from your pocket
    • Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented apps from rotating to correct orientation after switching apps in multitasking
    • Messages fixes

Addresses issues that caused group messages to sometimes split
    • Fixes an issue that sometimes removed the ability to forward or delete individual messages
    • Resolves an issue that sometimes prevented a preview from appearing when taking a photo in Messages
    • Adds the ability to report junk messages directly from the Messages app
    • Adds the ability to filter out iMessages that are not sent by your contacts

Family Sharing fixes
    • Fixes a bug where certain apps would not launch or update on family members’ devices
    • Fixes a bug that prevented family members from downloading certain free apps
    • Increased reliability for Ask to Buy notifications

CarPlay fixes
    • Fixes an issue where Maps could come up as a black screen
    • Fixes an issue where the UI could be incorrectly rotated
    • Fixes an issue where the keyboard could appear on the CarPlay screen when it shouldn't

Enterprise fixes
    • Improves reliability of installing and updating enterprise apps
    • Corrects the time zone of Calendar events created in IBM Notes
    • Fixes a problem that could cause web clip icons to become generic after restarting
    • Improves reliability of saving the password for a web proxy
    • Exchange out-of-office message can now be edited separately for external replies
    • Improves recovery of Exchange accounts from temporary connection problems
    • Improves compatibility of VPN and web proxy solutions
    • Allows use of physical keyboards to log into Safari web sheets, such as for joining a public Wi-Fi network
    • Fixes an issue that caused Exchange meetings with long notes to be truncated

Accessibility fixes
    • Fixes an issue where using the back button in Safari causes VoiceOver gestures to not respond
    • Fixes an issue where VoiceOver focus becomes unreliable in draft Mail messages
    • Fixes an issue where Braille Screen Input cannot be used to type text in forms on webpages
    • Fixes an issue where toggling Quick Nav on a Braille Display announces that Quick Nav is off
    • Fixes an issue keeping app icons from being moveable on home screen when VoiceOver is enabled
    • Fixes an issue in Speak Screen where speech will not start again after pausing

Other improvements and bug fixes
    • Introduces a redesigned Emoji keyboard with over 300 new characters
    • iCloud Photo Library has been optimized to work with the new Photos app on OS X 10.10.3 and is now out of beta
    • Improves the pronunciation of street names during turn-by-turn navigation in Maps
    • Includes support for Baum VarioUltra 20 and VarioUltra 40 braille displays
    • Improves the display of Spotlight results when Reduce Transparency is turned on
    • Adds Italic and Underline format options for iPhone 6 Plus landscape keyboard
    • Adds the ability to remove shipping and billing addresses used with Apple Pay
    • Additional language and country support for Siri: English (India, New Zealand), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia), Swedish (Sweden), Thai (Thailand), Turkish (Turkey)
    • Additional dictation languages: Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) and Hebrew (Israel)
    • Improves stability for Phone, Mail, Bluetooth connectivity, Photos, Safari tabs, Settings, Weather and Genius Playlists in Music
    • Addresses an issue where Slide to Unlock could fail to work on certain devices
    • Addresses an issue that sometimes prevented swiping to answer a phone call on the Lock screen
    • Addresses an issue that prevented opening links in Safari PDFs
    • Fixes an issue where selecting Clear History and Website Data in Safari Settings did not clear all data
    • Fixes an issue that prevented autocorrecting "FYI"
    • Addresses an issue where contextual predictions did not appear in Quick Reply
    • Fixes an issue where Maps did not enter night mode from hybrid mode
    • Resolves an issue that prevented initiating FaceTime calls from a browser or 3rd-party app using FaceTime URLs
    • Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented photos from properly exporting to Digital Camera Image folders on Windows
    • Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented an iPad backup from completing with iTunes
    • Fixes an issue that could cause Podcast downloads to stall when switching from Wi-Fi to cellular networks
    • Fixes an issue where remaining time on timer would sometimes incorrectly display as 00:00 on Lock screen
    • Fixes an issue that sometimes prevented adjusting call volume
    • Fixes an issue that caused the status bar to sometimes appear when it shouldn’t

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
    Apple security updates - Apple Support
    This large update is available OTA (over the air) via Settings > General > Software Update on your devices, or you can also update through iTunes the old-fashioned way. iOS 8.3 is not jailbreakable, so those with jailbreaks should remain on their firmware if they want to keep their jailbreak, as there is no way to downgrade at this point in time.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-08 at 07:21 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Italia411 (2015-04-09)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that was fast.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

So, jailbreak is just around the corner

It kind of makes iOS 8.2 look like a goofy update since the Apple Watch isn't even out yet.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-04-09), Carvensno (2015-04-08), Jokadaking (2015-04-08), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-08)

Thanks

Ah, I want to upgrade so badly. So many issues I've been having are fixed in this update.

But I can't give up OneHandWizard, Eclipse, Speed Intensifier, Winterboard, f.lux, and InTube… dammit more waiting.

Me too can't download/ update apps, battery and overheating 8.1 problems I need to update and start fresh, drop that jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It kind of makes iOS 8.2 look like a goofy update since the Apple Watch isn't even out yet.
    Very good point Anthony!

But i hope now this update is out, the JB team has something up their sleeve to release soon. :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-09)

I'm saying by 8.3.2 is when JB will be available. I typically don't hold my breath, but wishful thinking is always good

Thanks

Can't wait for the JB. Will wait until that day before I update.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-04-09), vinaygoel2000 (2015-04-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Has there been an iOS x.3 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyabc View Post
    Me too can't download/ update apps, battery and overheating 8.1 problems I need to update and start fresh, drop that jailbreak
    Why can't you download/update apps? Did you sync your phone with someone else's computer/iCloud account?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Man, sounds like you have problems no update's gonna fix.

No just mine it will be fine on a restore I just can't without loosing my jb

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Nope! This is the first. The highest is 4.2.1 previously.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

What firmware is the latest we can jailbreak on

No just mine it will be fine on a restore I just can't without loosing my jb
    Guess you don't know you CAN reset your phone to stock settings WITHOUT losing your jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    iOS 4.3 existed

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulJBanks For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2015-04-09), Dphillipds (2015-04-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    What firmware is the latest we can jailbreak on

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Guess you don't know you CAN reset your phone to stock settings WITHOUT losing your jailbreak.
    That's been hit or miss on 8.X firmwares. Semirestore and iLex are a roll of the dice when trying that right now. And you never want to do a erase all contents and settings when jailbroken, that's a quick way to get stuck in boot loop.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

fluffybunnyabc (2015-04-08)

Is there any way to get new emojis right now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast