Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification Center

Can someone tell me where I can find this "CCBB" and its respective themes?

CCButtonBorder in Cydia from Modmyi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper488 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08)

On side note, what happened to Modmyi app in app store?
    I deleted it and tried to reinstall it and its not in the app store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    CCButtonBorder in Cydia from Modmyi
    Thanks for that info. I'll see what I can make of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Default 'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Can someone tell me where I can find this "CCBB" and its respective themes?
    It doesn't have a dedicated thread. You can find the discussion and themes in the iOS 8.x.x Theming Discussion thread.

The main difference, from what I can tell, is CCBB gives you more control and you can do more yourself than the other tweak.

Here is a good example of the graphics and capabilities of the tweak. IMO

http://i.imgur.com/FIB5Jcq.png
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-04-08 at 05:18 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08), thazsar (2015-04-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

I'm not real impressed with the quality of the graphics or the appearance of these themes. But that's my 2 and where I stand with that.

Perhaps it is something I could look into when more theming options are available with a more polished finish.
    wow...
    Just as I expected, though. Please don't even try CCBB, you don't deserve the fruits of our labor.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    wow...
    Just as I expected, though. Please don't even try CCBB, you don't deserve the fruits of our labor.
    Well to tell you the truth, your screenshots don't do the tweak justice. Maybe it's not the tweak, it's just your screenshots that don't depict it as nicely as it should have been. Next time, just PM me and we'll discuss this one on one and get a post out for you.

I'm already testing the functionality of appearance of CCBB and I'll be seeing what I can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Good points all, Thaz.. You should start a CCBB thread and have Anthony evaluate it in his weekly tweak evals.. I'm sure Anthony would do that..
    Happily, but I need the help of the developers to make a good post, and comments that simply bash an existing tweak for the place of another with screenshots that don't do it any justice don't give me a sound argument to randomly begin a post.

What I need from anyone that wants to submit a news tip about a tweak like CCBB is for them to PM me with the tweak requirements and examples of its use. Part of my personal agenda for doing what I do is to help developers have their work known and realized.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-08 at 05:12 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

novadam (2015-04-08)

CCBUTTON BORDER working great with these other CC tweaks: HideCC Media, CCQuick Pro, CCBACKGROUND.
    I toggled the switches for the 2nd two tweaks in CCBB settings. I'm forcing myself to delete an old tweak for every new one I install, although my 6+ is handling them all nicely.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mOj087 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08), menard_00 (2015-04-08), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-08)

Default 'Vex' Brings Incredible Theming Flexibility to Control Center & Notification ...
    Tweaked

-img_0369.png

-img_0368.png
    Last edited by Sniper488; 2015-04-08 at 07:59 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sniper488 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08), menard_00 (2015-04-08), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It doesn't have a dedicated thread. You can find the discussion and themes in the iOS 8.x.x Theming Discussion thread.

The main difference, from what I can tell, is CCBB gives you more control and you can do more yourself than the other tweak.

Thanks for the information. That's a snazzy setup in that screenshot.

And the whole do-it-yourself thing is another point entirely. Some people like the do-it-yourself approach, while a huge majority like the, "do it for me and let me just enable or disable it" approach. That falls under ease of use in my opinion. For the advanced users, CCBB looks like it has potential to impress.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Krima (2015-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post

Hello! What theme did you use?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Thanks for the information. That's a snazzy setup in that screenshot.

And the whole do-it-yourself thing is another point entirely. Some people like the do-it-yourself approach, while a huge majority like the, "do it for me and let me just enable or disable it" approach. That falls under ease of use in my opinion. For the advanced users, CCBB looks like it has potential to impress.
    Why thank you sir. Fair point about the do-it-yourself approach. Its all a matter of preference. I apologize for hijacking your article.

The theme is called Syndrome.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 2,041 Posts

Can CCBB and Vex peacefully co-exist on my device? CCBB for the control center and Vex for the notification center? That would be the best of both worlds.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    Can CCBB and Vex peacefully co-exist on my device? CCBB for the control center and Vex for the notification center? That would be the best of both worlds.
    I agree. Vex doesn't hold a candle to CCBB for the Control Center. But CCBB doesn't deal with NC (yet). Anthony's point is correct about do-it-yourself compared to "make me themes".. In the early days of the "Manual Theming" threads I thought.. "Why???".. Seemed like a "climb the mountain just because it's there" more esoteric undertaking when WB is able to "do it all" (in those days).. But the IOS 8 Theming thread is a real "practical think tank" out of which came CCBB.. So let's get it reviewed and get some amazing screen shots for Anthony..

Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-08 at 08:02 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-04-08), menard_00 (2015-04-08), MrsReval (2015-04-08)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12