Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Attempts to Remedy its "Bendgate" Situation

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Attempts to Remedy its "Bendgate" Situation

In a recent post to the company’s official blog, Samsung tried to fend off the “bendgate 2” controversy by stating that all of its devices go through “high-quality validation tests” before they are shipped to consumers. The tests include dropping, bending and breakage of the device. The company said the following in a statement regarding the matter:

We are confident that all our smartphones are not bendable under daily usage.
    Samsung also included its own video demonstrating a three-point bend test on both the newly released Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge in response to the results that were released by SquareTrade recently where the company found that the Galaxy S6 Edge is susceptible to bending and shattering under 110 pounds of pressure. To give you a comparison, the iPhone 6 Plus was also found to bend under the same amount of pressure but unlike the Galaxy S6 Edge, Apple’s smartphone didn’t shatter.

You can see Samsung's video below:

Despite the results from the tests conducted by SquareTrade, Samsung feels the information wasn’t accurate. The South Korean tech giant ended up stating that the 110 pounds of pressure “rarely occurs under normal circumstances.” The company also said that the test conducted by SquareTrade “doesn’t show the strength of the backside.” In an effort to help resolve the situation, Samsung mentioned it would be delivering its statement to SquareTrade and will be asking them to conduct the stress test again to target both the front and back sides of the device.

We’ll have to wait and see how Samsung’s efforts regarding the situation turn out for the company. Up until the company’s statement, the South Korean tech giant faced scrutiny left and right considering the company poked fun at Apple for the “bendgate” controversy faced by Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus just last year.

Source: Samsung (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

How many reports in the real world of S6's being bent against real world figures of the iPhone 6 plus?

The whole point is the S6 wont bend. At the same amount of force an iPhone "bends" the Samsung snaps.

What would you rather, a bent working iPhone or a pocket full of glass and no phone.
    Samsung = FAIL LOL

Jolly
    Last edited by JollyRogger; 2015-04-07 at 04:18 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JollyRogger For This Useful Post:

Gcruz (2015-04-07), TDH Advocate (2015-04-07)

Regardless if it's Samsung or Apple, both phones can endure a lot of abuse and continue working. People who bend their phones are just simply treating their phones extremely poorly. Guys and gals... these are $800+ pieces of electronic, so they are not cheap. Just take care of them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

scroogelives (2015-04-07)

Ummm until they come out with a pocket Phone, you would think people would have enough smarts to not sit their 100 plus pounds on it.

Whether it's Apple or Samsung, no where do you see in the commercial, someone sitting down with their 200 pound butt on the phone and the manufacturer says, "Big butt approved"

I have the perfect remedy: Don't sit on your $1000 phone!

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    Ummm until they come out with a pocket Phone, you would think people would have enough smarts to not sit their 100 plus pounds on it.

Whether it's Apple or Samsung, no where do you see in the commercial, someone sitting down with their 200 pound butt on the phone and the manufacturer says, "Big butt approved"
    Lol. Not only big butt but we have to guard against stupid as well.

Funny how Samsung is trying to counter the squaretrade video with a video of their own, but they aren’t even coming close to 100psi in their test, let alone going above it. Guess they know that squaretrade’s test is accurate and they won’t try to push the envelope in their own test. The real question is, how little do they think of their customer base to pull this kind of crap?

I agree this is all just useless complaining and testing, but Samsung deserves to be smacked around by the media when they gave Apple so much grief over the 6 Plus, especially since they made the same mocking comments at the debut of the GS6 knowing full well that it would fail just as bad, if not worse than the 6 Plus under similar tests.

Typical Samsung, always with the hypocrisy and talking out of both sides of their mouth.

The company also said that the test conducted by SquareTrade “doesn’t show the strength of the backside.”
    So, what Samsung is saying is, SquareTrade is bending it wrong??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

jsuddu0109 (2015-04-08)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Oh oh the shoe is on the other foot lmao. All I have to say is I have had my 6+ since release day(Sept) and is straight and not bent.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    I have the perfect remedy: Don't sit on your $1000 phone!
    It's not $1000, Samsung practically gives their phones away!
    (This post is based on no accurate information whatsoever, it's just funny)

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    How many reports in the real world of S6's being bent against real world figures of the iPhone 6 plus?
    how many reports in the real world of people actually buying S6's against real world figures of the iPhone 6

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickric View Post
    how many reports in the real world of people actually buying S6's against real world figures of the iPhone 6
    I can't tell if you're kidding or actually want sales reports.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I can't tell if you're kidding or actually want sales reports.
    Okay so I'm not the only one.