Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Test Reveals Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge is Just as Bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,897
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 200 Times in 179 Posts

    Default Test Reveals Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge is Just as Bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus


    Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Edge flagship handset was recently put to the test this week and unsurprisingly, it too was found to be susceptible to bending under the exact same force as Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus. The news puts the South Korean conglomerate in the limelight as part of the whole “Bendgate” issue as well.

    For those of you who didn’t know previously, both the Galaxy S6 Edge and iPhone 6 Plus bent at roughly 110 pounds of pressure according to tests performed by the third-party warranty firm, SquareTrade. One thing to note is that unlike the iPhone 6 Plus which ended up just bending, the S6 Edge suffered a crack screen as well.

    The fact that Samsung’s S6 Edge suffers an even larger fate puts the company in a potentially embarrassing situation. The South Korean tech giant was one of many companies who ended up teasing Apple last year when stories of bent iPhone 6 Plus units began to surface. Now, the company finds itself in the same unwanted situation but worse off.

    SquareTrade also ended up testing HTC’s new One M9, which ended up breaking completely at 120 pounds of pressure. According to the company, although the results may not constitute “Bendgate 2,” the issue could be even worse for Samsung fans than Apple’s issues of last year. SquareTrade claims it may be worse because of the following reasoning:

    Because instead of a bent phone, they may have a pocket full of glass.
    Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:



    How do you feel about the news?

    Source: SquareTrade (YouTube)

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    I find this hilarious in so many ways.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    novadam (2015-04-04)

  4. #3
    Unfortunately, it won't get as much embarrassing exposure as the iPhone 6 Plus bending issue because Apple folks don't give a crap about Samsung.

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nudge2232 For This Useful Post:

    Gcruz (2015-04-04), HovikGas (2015-04-04), Silverado1987 (2015-04-04), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-04), talkin73 (2015-04-04), TDH Advocate (2015-04-04), vinaygoel2000 (2015-04-05)

  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge2232 View Post
    Unfortunately, it won't get as much embarrassing exposure as the iPhone 6 Plus bending issue because Apple folks don't give a crap about Samsung.
    LOL!!! Well said!! I still think Samsung paid a few people to start the whole bending thing with the 6 Plus, they are desperate to find the recipe for retaining a customer base and lock them into an ecosystem. Having said that, I rather chew on aluminum foil and broken glass than use an unjailbroken iDevice, but I wouldn't be caught dead using Android either, absolutely hate it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

    oldskoolsk8r (2015-04-04)

  8. #5
    Instead of bending the devices give them to me!!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

    fredHD (2015-04-04)

  10. #6
    Idiots!

  11. #7
    the iphone 6+ bent when I was in the back pocket, with a machine any phone bends.

    This is a pathetic attempt.


    ..: Enviado desde mi iPhone 6 :..

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

    Chula (2015-04-05)

  13. #8
    All the haters constantly blast Apple for form over function, high prices for it, and (unfounded) lack of durability. They mocked the iPhone 6 and even went as far as to say there should be a complete product recall due to this "design defect".

    The Galaxy 6 Edge with it's completely useless curved edge display glass and $150 price hike to boot is the most extreme example of form over function, price-hiking and lack of durability. Yet, you will not hear a peep from the very people who have been complaining about these issues for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by nudge2232 View Post
    Unfortunately, it won't get as much embarrassing exposure as the iPhone 6 Plus bending issue because Apple folks don't give a crap about Samsung.
    Well, it won't get as much attention because no tech name generates as many mouse clicks as the name Apple, so no mainstream media, and barely any tech blogs, will pick up the story. Also, all the rabid Apple haters will just push their heads into the sand and act like there's no problem with this.

    And Samsung knows this. that's why they confidently openly mocked Apple's phone all the while planning to roll out a phone that would ultimately suffer the same fate, if not worse.

    Samsung is in the perfect position. They can mock Apple and be as hypocritical as they want to be because they know their customers will turn a blind eye and the media don't care enough to talk about it.
    Last edited by fleurya; 2015-04-04 at 03:08 PM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    jsuddu0109 (2015-04-05)

  15. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    the iphone 6+ bent when I was in the back pocket, with a machine any phone bends.

    This is a pathetic attempt.


    ..: Enviado desde mi iPhone 6 :..
    What kind of ignorant comment is that? The machine is used to objectively prove that the Samsung phone is more fragile than the iPhone. The means of performing the test don't change that fact. But if you require a more subjective hand bending test, maybe someone will buy and bend a 6 Edge too. But I don't think there are any Apple users full of the same rage, insanity and stupidity as Android users that are willing to throw away $600+ in order to feel better about their choice of mobile phone and fulfill a desperate cry for attention.

    BTW, how many reported cases have there been since the initial "bendgate" when there were less than 10 to begin with?? What happened to the thousands, if not millions, of cases that were bound to come out as your and your haters troll buddies claimed there would be?

    The only pathetic attempt here is your attempt to downplay objective facts.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

    fredHD (2015-04-04), novadam (2015-04-04)

  17. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    the iphone 6+ bent when I was in the back pocket, with a machine any phone bends.

    This is a pathetic attempt.
    I still don't get what your point is, or its relevancy.

    The point of the machine testing isn't to see if the machine can bend the phone, because it will, it's to see how much force it takes; these machines have calibration and sensory equipment to figure that out. That variable can then be compared to the amount of force that it takes to bend a phone in your pocket, which give us an idea of how well the phone will fare against bending in your pocket.

    It's not all about, "oh it'll bend in a machine, woopie doo," it's actually much more than that.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    docmagoo2 (2015-04-04), fredHD (2015-04-04), novadam (2015-04-04), vinaygoel2000 (2015-04-05)

  19. #11
    read my post again dude!!

    and read the OP too...


    ..: Enviado desde mi iPhone 6 :..

  20. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London n modmyi
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 52 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    What kind of ignorant comment is that? The machine is used to objectively prove that the Samsung phone is more fragile than the iPhone. The means of performing the test don't change that fact. But if you require a more subjective hand bending test, maybe someone will buy and bend a 6 Edge too. But I don't think there are any Apple users full of the same rage, insanity and stupidity as Android users that are willing to throw away $600+ in order to feel better about their choice of mobile phone and fulfill a desperate cry for attention.

    BTW, how many reported cases have there been since the initial "bendgate" when there were less than 10 to begin with?? What happened to the thousands, if not millions, of cases that were bound to come out as your and your haters troll buddies claimed there would be?

    The only pathetic attempt here is your attempt to downplay objective facts.
    F..king well said. If the so called bendgate was such a big problem we would know about it for sure!!! But hey when it's Apple the hate level is the greatest but hey don't stop them doing great.

  21. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    the iphone 6+ bent when I was in the back pocket, with a machine any phone bends.

    This is a pathetic attempt.


    ..: Enviado desde mi iPhone 6 :..
    Inglés sin barreras for you dude!!

  22. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 146 Times in 93 Posts

    But Samsung users are used to a big phone already so maybe they'll already know it doesn't belong in the back pocket when sitting down.

  23. #15
    I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 112 Times in 83 Posts

    First I can't use an iPhone for a pry bar and now this!!!
    Why do they make phones that can't hold up to extreme bends in a hydraulic press? Idiots!


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

    SpiderManAPV (2015-04-05)

  25. #16
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts

    What a surprise that super thin things are bendable. I would have never thought that.

  26. #17
    Is there not one thing Samsung won't copy from Apple!!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to zeroskater61 For This Useful Post:

    bmwraw8482 (2015-04-05)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •