Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Apple Watch Web Page: Pre-orders Begin at 12:01 A.M. PDT on April 10th

Default Apple Updates Apple Watch Web Page: Pre-orders Begin at 12:01 A.M. PDT on April 10th

Apple has updated its Apple Watch Web page Friday afternoon with an updated tidbit of information. While we have known since the announcement of the Apple Watch that it would be available for pre-order starting on April 10th, the Web page on Apple's Web site now indicates that consumers will be able to start pre-ordering as early as 12:01 A.M. PDT time on April 10th.

That translates to 3:01 A.M. EST time, for those of you on the East coast.

Apple Watch pricing begins at $349 for the cheapest model, and goes up from there.

After initial pre-orders are finished, Apple Watch will be available to purchase on April 24th. Initial supply of the device is reportedly seeing constraints all thanks to some manufacturing issues, so it's likely that initial supply of the Apple Watch will be low and will yield longer waiting times for orders to ship and finally arrive to the consumer.

The Apple Watch will be compatible with any iPhone 5 or later that can run iOS 8.2 and brings with it a variety of health-tracking features, as well as the ability to read and reply to notifications right from your wrist. Applications for the Apple Watch have already started making it to the App Store and third-party developers have been invited to start making applications for the Apple Watch too, in addition to the big guys that got in on the fun early.

Sources: Apple
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-04-04 at 02:54 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 607 Posts

Hey Anthony, you state any device running 8.2 which includes the 4s, but Apples website says iPhone 5 or later. Just a heads up.
    "All I can be is me, whoever that is" - Bob Dylan

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to clarify, I'll be staying up on the 9th right?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2015-04-04), dwizurd (2015-04-04)

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

No desire to own this watch!

I'll get the 2.0 version

Default Apple Updates Apple Watch Web Page: Pre-orders Begin at 12:01 A.M. PDT on Apr...
    The only reason I'll buy a few is just so I can resell them at the very high price I resold the couple of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus I purchased, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of these or any other smartwatches. The tech is just not there yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the ETA on the jailbreak for 8.2? I'm gonna have to wait until that happens before getting the Apple Watch, because there is no way I'm losing my jailbreak...

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    What's the ETA on the jailbreak for 8.2? I'm gonna have to wait until that happens before getting the Apple Watch, because there is no way I'm losing my jailbreak...
    Amen!! Never sacrifice a jailbreak, no matter what.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2015-04-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    The only reason I'll buy a few is just so I can resell them at the very high price I resold the couple of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus I purchased, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of these or any other smartwatches. The tech is just not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dwizurd View Post
    Hey Anthony, you state any device running 8.2 which includes the 4s, but Apples website says iPhone 5 or later. Just a heads up.
    Thanks! I patched that all up.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (2015-04-05), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-05)

Thanks

Default Apple Updates Apple Watch Web Page: Pre-orders Begin at 12:01 A.M. PDT on Apr...
    I'm gonna try and order the lowest price sport for my lady, and the all blacked out highest priced mid range for myself as soon as I can on the morning of the 10th... We're so stoked and looking forward to the day they come in the mail... I only hope that we can update to 8.2 and jailbreak around the time the watches come in... If need I will wait to use my watch until we can jailbreak 8.2... We discussed waiting for the second generation but decided we were down to go for the watches right off the bat.

The modern tech buying world wasn't ready for Google Glass just yet, but the Apple watch is gonna be quickly adopted by a decent chunk of current iPhone owners worldwide, even though smart watches are already available from other companies the Apple watch is gonna be the first widely adopted one... It's gonna be so smooth and easy to use...