Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Images of Alleged iPhone 6c Shell Show Minor Tweaks Over iPhone 5c

Default Leaked Images of Alleged iPhone 6c Shell Show Minor Tweaks Over iPhone 5c

As we reported just last week, Apple is reportedly planning to manufacture an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, an iPhone 6c this Fall that will offer consumers with 4-inch, 4.7-inch, and 5.5-inch screen options.

Leaked images Monday morning from Future Supplier give us a look at the purported iPhone 6c plastic shell, indicating that the iPhone 6c will take a lot of parts from the legacy iPhone 5s, while keeping mostly the same look as the original iPhone 5c.

The minor changes in the plastic shell show differences to the LED flash, which will offer the dual-tone LED flash instead of the basic one-color LED flash that it originally had, as shown above, as well as changes to the bottom microphone grille and speaker grille, which have doubled in size with the number of holes, as shown below:

The iPhone 6c should come with Touch ID and perhaps the same A7 processor & motion co-processor that come in the iPhone 5s, as well as much of the iPhone 5s' other hardware that is expected to be shared. This gives it a nice performance bump over the original specs, which mirror that of an iPhone 5 rather than an iPhone 5s.

We will continue to keep you updated as more information is revealed.

Sources: Future Supplier via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-30 at 08:20 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus*

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

That's lame. I'd expect at least 6 specs. They aren't gonna convince anyone to upgrade like that.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

The A7 is more than enough power for people that buy the "c" phones. Chances are they don't know the difference and don't care.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThuD Muffin For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (2015-03-30)

Thanks

The deal breaker is co$t. We already knew it would be plastic..saves $$ to build. As long as it has a finger reader, I feel this entry level phone will be perfect for Apple initiates.

We talking about Apple here, just like the 5c, this phone ain't gonna be cheap.

another cheap piece of plastic crap just like the 5c Apple you should really do away with this and use the money to advance on the next I phone .

I think it'll likely be either a $99 or free iPhone with contract through the carriers. Of course, if you buy it unlocked from Apple, then you'll pay a pretty penny.

I always buy my iPhone outright and unlocked from apple as although it's expensive at the start you save a ton of £ in the long run by running a sim only contract

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    That's lame. I'd expect at least 6 specs. They aren't gonna convince anyone to upgrade like that.
    They'll still be selling the 6 so if the bumped the 6c up to the 6's specs they'd be effectively killing the iPhone 6 off early.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceestes View Post
    They'll still be selling the 6 so if the bumped the 6c up to the 6's specs they'd be effectively killing the iPhone 6 off early.
    Isn't that exactly what they did to the 5?

......beware......

If it's going to have only 1GB of RAM then it better stay at 32-bit. I hope the speaker/mic changes don't cause trouble with cases originally designed for the 5C.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Isn't that exactly what they did to the 5?
    Yes. The 5c was a 5 in a plastic casing. But the 6c won't share the screen size of the 6 so it sets up a new (or rather an old) product category. They'll market the 6c as entry level, the 6 as standard, and the 6S as their top tier. Probably with a sapphire screen or even the pressure sensitive screen like the watch, processor and camera upgrades as always, and a few new colors.

Default Leaked Images of Alleged iPhone 6c Shell Show Minor Tweaks Over iPhone 5c
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The deal breaker is co$t. We already knew it would be plastic..saves $$ to build. As long as it has a finger reader, I feel this entry level phone will be perfect for Apple initiates.
    while I'm happy with my i6, I think there are many people well beyond initiates that would be interested in a full spec device of this size because of physical usability. Something like a 5c would only be compelling if it had the right stuff. Agree Touch ID is a must. But nfc for Apple pay would be important as well. Assuming small size should be paired with small features is probably a good recipe for a 5c sequel.

5C was a BIG failure... I don't understand why Apple would repeat this mistake!
    6C will only sell if it is offered at a subsidized rate... no way anyone would spend 500$ on this plasticky sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    5C was a BIG failure... I don't understand why Apple would repeat this mistake!
    6C will only sell if it is offered at a subsidized rate... no way anyone would spend 500$ on this plasticky sh*t!
    I wonder why so many people think that. The 5c actually sold more than any other phone out at the time except the 5S. The 5c didn't fail at all, it just didn't break Apple's standards so people feel like it fell short but It still sold more than the Galaxy S4 or any other non apple smartphone.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceestes For This Useful Post:

DoctorPaco (2015-03-31), Sage I (2015-04-03)

Thanks

People who say that the 5C was a bust probably don't get out much… at my university there are loads of people who bought it instead of the 5S because of its price.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoctorPaco For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2015-04-03), vXBaKeRXv (2015-04-01)

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    another cheap piece of plastic crap just like the 5c Apple you should really do away with this and use the money to advance on the next I phone .
    Only if it comes base with 32gb memory

All Iphones should start at 32gb of memory and go up to at least 250gb maybe 500gb
    memory is cheap

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Only if it comes base with 32gb memory

All Iphones should start at 32gb of memory and go up to at least 250gb maybe 500gb
    memory is cheap
    Would be awesome a phone that size. Probably 256 /512/ 1024 gb though. I'm still Not sure why they got rid of the 32GB models. 16GB is too small, that's why I went for 64GB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Would be awesome a phone that size. Probably 256 /512/ 1024 gb though. I'm still Not sure why they got rid of the 32GB models. 16GB is too small, that's why I went for 64GB.
    That's exactly why they got rid of 32.

......beware......