Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Were You Having Issues Opening the Latest TinyUmbrella Beta? Try This New Version!

Default Were You Having Issues Opening the Latest TinyUmbrella Beta? Try This New Version!

For those that haven't heard, yes, TinyUmbrella is back in business with a new beta version for iOS 8 jailbreakers. Apparently, @notcom, the developer behind TinyUmbrella is working on something big with @ih8sn0w that will impact the jailbreak community in a positive way, so it is recommended that jailbreakers save their iOS 8.1.2 SHSH blobs on their machines using TinyUmbrella as soon as possible and avoid upgrading or restoring for now. SHSH blobs, as it's worth noting, have been used in the past for iOS firmware downgrading, but no official public announcements have yet to surface about what @notcom and @ih8sn0w are working on...

Although the software has received two major updates since its initial beta version, some of you have been saying that you've been having issues opening and running the software on your computer. Fortunately, we've got something for you to try. @Notcom has just released additional versions of TinyUmbrella on his Web site that bundle JRE (Java Runtime Envrionemnt) with the software so that there is no need to install Java on your computer to run TinyUmbrella. This will be useful for those of you that hate Java and don't want to install it, or use a machine that you can't install Java on. It might even help those of you having problems running the software, so it's worth giving a shot!

Directly from the TinyUmbrella blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Notcom
    TinyUmbrella BETA Bundled JRE versions available

I’ve uploaded bundled JRE versions for those of you that do not or can not install java (for whatever reason) on your machine. These files are much larger than my other downloads. This is because the Java runtime is included with TinyUmbrella. This allows you to run TinyUmbrella without the hassle of installing java on your machine.
    To access the new versions of TinyUmbrella with JRE bundled into them, you can use the following download links or visit TinyUmbrella's Web site directly.

Note: if you are having issues with your device being recognized, or with saving SHSH blobs, make sure that you have Apple File Conduit 2 installed on your device (from Cydia). You may have to disconnect and re-connect your device several times using different USB ports on your computer due to the fact that ACF2 is a buggy piece of software, as Saurik openly states in the Cydia description.

Sources: TinyUmbrella
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-27 at 08:05 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-27)

Thanks, I was having trouble initially.

wth is up with the ad.fly links?

Not making enough money off the ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post

You'd be surprised how many people who read a site and value its information will do absolutely nothing to help support that site, even if it means just clicking an ad once per day. Many these days feel self-entitled, and even more are very lazy and won't help support a site in any way shape or form. It's what you have to do to pay the bills.
    Hmm...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

talkin73 (2015-03-27)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people who read a site and value its information will do absolutely nothing to help support that site, even if it means just clicking an ad once per day. Many these days feel self-entitled, and even more are very lazy and won't help support a site in any way shape or form. It's what you have to do to pay the bills.
    I bought the ad-free version of the ModMyi app via in app purchases back in the day for $2.99. I believe the app doesn't have ads anymore for anyone with no purchase required.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I bought the ad-free version of the ModMyi app via in app purchases back in the day for $2.99. I believe the app doesn't have ads anymore for anyone with no purchase required.
    Same here

I knew someone was going to comment about that lol.

Actually, those are @notcom's links directly from the TinyUmbrella website. ModMyi does not actually generate any revenue from you clicking those links.

If you don't believe me, go directly to the website yourself and check it out.

There is no harm in supporting the guy that makes this software for you. No shame in that at all. And we at ModMyi support the developer 100%

And this is a quote directly from the TinyUmbrella Web blog:

Quote Originally Posted by notcom
    You’ll notice a bunch of new links on the right. There are two notable categories. First *SHARECASH*. This is a pay per download scheme. I only included this as an option for those of you feeling generous and wanting to support me

The other option is the free and reliable *MEGA*. This is mega.co.nz. No frills. No kickbacks. Nada. EDIT: Ok so now the mega.co.nz links have adfly. I decided it’s a fair enough trade-off And I got rid of sharecash. It was horrible.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-27 at 06:55 PM.

still cant get 8.1.2 from my device seems so buggy....

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    still cant get 8.1.2 from my device seems so buggy....
    That is an unfortunate side effect of the stability of AFC2.

It worked for me on about the 4th try I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Not sure if you're implying I'm one of those people or not...Either way, I have no problem viewing ads, I've got ABP disabled on MMi and a couple of my other favorite sites. I just don't like unknowingly clicking on the ads in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I knew someone was going to comment about that lol.

Actually, those are @notcom's links directly from the TinyUmbrella website. ModMyi does not actually generate any revenue from you clicking those links.

If you don't believe me, go directly to the website yourself and check it out.

There is no harm in supporting the guy that makes this software for you. No shame in that at all. And we at ModMyi support the developer 100%

And this is a quote directly from the TinyUmbrella Web blog:
    No issues there, but a small disclaimer under the links would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That is an unfortunate side effect of the stability of AFC2.

It worked for me on about the 4th try I believe.
    7th try here, had to unplug it each time =\

I was thinking the same thing. Oh yeah and this version still doesn't see any devices. We can't do anything with it at the moment anyway can we? I'd like to do a fresh restore of 8.1.2
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2015-03-28 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Oh yeah and this version still doesn't see any devices. We can't do anything with it at the moment anyway can we? I'd like to do a fresh restore of 8.1.2
    Patience is a virtue and @notcom and @ih8sn0w have lives too, they're not just at the beck and call of the jail break community. I'm sure their release will be awesome