Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Introduces Two New Unlimited Storage Plans for its Amazon Cloud Drive Service

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Amazon Introduces Two New Unlimited Storage Plans for its Amazon Cloud Drive Service

Amazon recently announced two unlimited storage plans for its Amazon Cloud Drive service. The plans enable users to store an endless amount of content including photos, videos, movies, music and more. Users have the option of choosing the Unlimited Photos Plan for $11.99 per year or the Unlimited Everything Plan for $59.99 per year with a free three-month trial available for each plan for customers that want to try the service out before deciding whether they want to buy it or not.

As you may have guessed, the lower-tier Unlimited Photos Plan allows for an unlimited number of photos to be stored on Amazon Cloud Drive alongside up to 5 GB of additional storage for videos, documents and other files. The more expensive Unlimited Everything Plan allows for unlimited storage of any files with no restrictions. One thing to note is that Amazon Prime members are already provided with an Unlimited Photos Plan at no additional cost. The Director of Amazon Cloud Drive, Josh Petersen, had the following to say regarding the matter:

Most people have a lifetime of birthdays, vacations, holidays, and everyday moments stored across numerous devices. And, they donít know how many gigabytes of storage they need to back all of them up. With the two new plans we are introducing today, customers donít need to worry about storage spaceóthey now have an affordable, secure solution to store unlimited amounts of photos, videos, movies, music, and files in one convenient place.
    Itís not surprising to see Amazon Cloud Drive add unlimited cloud storage as it makes the service a more competitive alternative to iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox. As of right now, Apple doesnít offer unlimited iCloud storage and instead goes with tiered storage options of 20 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB for between $0.99 and $19.99 per month. Furthermore, Google and Microsoft both seem to have capped storage plans whereas Dropbox only offers unlimited storage to business customers.

Do you use Amazon Cloud Drive? If not, do you plan on switching after the announcement of the two new plans? Share your thoughts below!

Source: Amazon (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Can we just add a .jpg extension to any file and use unlimited photos plan as unlimited everything plan?

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Can we just add a .jpg extension to any file and use unlimited photos plan as unlimited everything plan?
    Lol!!! Here's a thinker!! Not a bad idea though.

Blurayrip.jpg LOL

Default Amazon Introduces Two New Unlimited Storage Plans for its Amazon Cloud Drive ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    It depends on how you upload it. If you upload it from your iDevice there would be restrictions on what can be uploaded.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2015-03-29 at 08:26 AM.

The prices are good, but how does one upload files from an iPhone to the amazon cloud?

Dropbox's "Carousel" is my dead-simple go-to solution. But it's only 5GB.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Amazon Introduces Two New Unlimited Storage Plans for its Amazon Cloud Drive ...
    I'm wondering if it has the option of a mirrored folder on your computer like DropBox does. That's the work flow I would need for the stuff I keep in the cloud.. I'm an audio engineer and our recorded tracks take up a huge amount of room but I need them to be on a local drive while recording them- AND have them be syncing to the cloud drive in the background - then this product would be for me.

$59/year for unlimited beats $99/year for 1TB w/DropBox..

Amazon would also need to employ a similar shared folder concept as DropBox for it to be useful to me.. Where can we read more about the details of this product and is it live yet?

Hmm I wonder if I can use this for backup for my Plex database, around 5TB .....