Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Favorite Contacts Launcher: A New iOS 8 Notification Center Widget for Fast Access to Your Favorite Contacts

Default Favorite Contacts Launcher: A New iOS 8 NC Widget for Access to Your Favorite Contacts

iOS 8 officially brought with it the ability to install third-party Notification Center widgets on iOS. This is a feature that the jailbreak community has had for ages that Apple finally opened up to the public starting in September of 2014. Consequently, many jailbreak tweaks that added widget functionality to the Notification Center interface in iOS migrated over to the App Store as soon as they were able to.

One such widget is Favorite Contacts Launcher, which just hit the iOS App Store as a free download starting today. This was a popular jailbreak tweak that spun off in January of last year, as we showed you. The core functionality of this software is to add shortcuts to your favorite contacts right to Notification Center so you can access them from anywhere.

Favorite Contacts Launcher lets you add up to three of your favorite contacts to Notification Center's Today tab in a new widget. You can add more contacts by buying in-app purchases to unlock more spaces three additional contacts can be added for 99, eight additional contacts can be added for $1.99, and a special gold package that unlocks the ability to add up to 15 contacts, allows shortcuts to WhatsApp Messenger, lets you customize the fonts and appearance, and removes ads can be had for $3.99.

When the application is installed on your device, you can enable it from the "Edit" menu in Notification Center to add it to the Today tab. You can then open the application from your Home Screen to customize who your favorite contacts are. The application will ask for access to your Contacts, which you will have to allow for the widget to work. You can then toggle Calling, Messaging, FaceTiming, and even WhatsApp messaging your contacts from the application before you start using the widget.

Using the widget is very simple. By tapping on someone's contact picture from Notification Center, you can tap on Call, Message, FaceTime, or WhatsApp to perform the respective function.

The developer's teaser video of Favorite Contacts Launcher can be viewed below:

If interested in trying Favorite Contacts Launcher for iOS 8, you can hit up this App Store link to download it free of charge. Keep in mind that the tweak does require iOS 8 and comes with in-app purchases to unlock additional features and content.

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Default Favorite Contacts Launcher: A New iOS 8 Notification Center Widget for Fast A...
    Can't find it in the app store and your link returned an error message

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Link worked for me: -imageuploadedbymodmyi1427420010.765609.jpg

Could be its not available in your country's App Store?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-03-27), TDH Advocate (2015-03-27)

Don't see it in USA app store

Link is working for me too.

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Default Favorite Contacts Launcher: A New iOS 8 Notification Center Widget for Fast A...
    I got an email from the developer with a link and that worked for me, this is an awesome app, I'm testing both this and launcher and love them both
    Last edited by oldskoolsk8r; 2015-03-27 at 04:27 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it'd pull my favorite contacts but no I have to add them again into this app. Deleted.

English only please.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2015-03-27 at 05:21 PM.

I hate to be Johnny Raincloud, I usually keep a positive attitude, but no. I've bought this app twice now, from Cydia, both versions. It never worked fully as it was advertised. See your previous posts on anything to do with his tweak. I'm sure my comments are there. The pics never showed nor the contact named would populate. I've went through about every possible troubleshooting step I could think of and eventually emailed the developer. I simply stated along the lines "hey this isn't working fully can you help?". No response. Instead. 3 months later (today) I get a REPLY to those emails posting the link to the App Store app saying BUY ME! Are you kidding me??? You never even responded to help me with my initial issue and you think I'm going to spend more money to try your newest creation?

No.

Please. Don't push anymore money to this dev when he won't even bother to respond to his original customers.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I thought it'd pull my favorite contacts but no I have to add them again into this app. Deleted.
    Yeah you have to add them yourself. Third paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard
    You can then open the application from your Home Screen to customize who your favorite contacts are.

What a con...you can only add 3 contacts then you have to pay to add more...deleted