Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Approving First Round of Apple Watch-supported iOS Apps in the App Store

Default Apple Begins Approving First Round of Apple Watch-supported iOS Apps in the App Store

When the Apple Watch is released in April, users will be able to use third-party App Store applications in sync with their Apple Watch from their iPhone, assuming the applications support the Apple Watch, of course. These applications will communicate with the iPhone over a Bluetooth connection to transfer data between each other.

On Thursday, Apple has begun approving App Store application updates with preliminary Apple Watch support, as first noticed by 9to5Mac.

The first round of applications to support the Apple Watch include Evernote, Expedia, Sky Guide, Target, Things, and many others. The updates come through the App Store under the Updates tab in the App Store application and are free to the user.

While the Apple Watch won't be available to pre-order until April 10th, and won't be available for consumers to purchase until April 24th, the preliminary support for the Apple Watch in many of the App Store's popular applications ensures that those getting the device early will have at least something to play with until more applications are updated after the public release.

Although using the Apple Watch requires iOS 8.2 or later, installing these updates will work just fine on pre-iOS 8.2 firmware without the functionality of Apple Watch support. For more information about using applications on your Apple Watch, you can head over to Apple's Web site at this link.

Sources: App Store via 9to5Mac

I get that Apple wants you to use their apps, but the fact that they forced the Watch app on everyon in 8.2 and you can't get rid of it is pretty annoying. If you can't delete it, you should at least be able to hide it completely.

It shouldn't be automatically loaded anyway. It should be a voluntary download like several of their other apps. Many people like me will never own the watch, so having to deal with the app is frustrating.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurya For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-27), TDH Advocate (2015-03-27)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I get that Apple wants you to use their apps, but the fact that they forced the Watch app on everyon in 8.2 and you can't get rid of it is pretty annoying. If you can't delete it, you should at least be able to hide it completely.

It shouldn't be automatically loaded anyway. It should be a voluntary download like several of their other apps. Many people like me will never own the watch, so having to deal with the app is frustrating.
    I feel pretty sure it's on purpose. I imagine they think your thought process will go something like this: "Dang this stupid useless app. If it had a point, maybe I wouldn't mind. Well, I guess if I get a watch at least this stupid app would have some purpose. Eh, what the heck I'll try it."

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

talkin73 (2015-03-27), TDH Advocate (2015-03-27)

really? your frustrated you have to deal with it? if your on modmyi i assumed your jailbroken, why not get rid of it or hide it.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    really? your frustrated you have to deal with it? if your on modmyi i assumed your jailbroken, why not get rid of it or hide it.
    Well, if he's on 8.2 jailbreaking is hard.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-27), Silverado1987 (2015-03-27), TDH Advocate (2015-03-27)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Well, if he's on 8.2 jailbreaking is hard.
    Your absolutely right. There was the beta jailbreaks. I totally forgot. I'm prolly so used to being on 8.1. Sorry to the other guy for jumping down your throat.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-03-27), SpiderManAPV (2015-03-27), TDH Advocate (2015-03-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I myself plan on getting the apple watch immediately so this isn't much of a problem for me but it really is a community problem. That's how most people feel about it. But it's definitely a marketing strategy no doubt. Not to mention I'm sure the jailbreak community will remove it once 8.2 jailbreak is public. I honestly don't much care for jailbreaking as much anymore since iOS 8 has added so many things I would jailbreak for. However I may go back to jailbreaking once someone develops an apple watch jailbreak or nice tweaks for Apple watch users because we all know it's going to happen.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

charliebordelon84 (2015-03-28), SpiderManAPV (2015-03-27)

you should at least be able to hide it completely.
    be great if it worked the same as the Nike Plus app that hides if not toggled on in the settings

Default Apple Begins Approving First Round of Apple Watch-supported iOS Apps in the A...
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado1987 View Post
    your absolutely right. There was the beta jailbreaks. I totally forgot. I'm prolly so used to being on 8.1. Sorry to the other guy for jumping down your throat.
    LOL!!! You're a gent

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    LOL!!! You're a gent
    Nah I just see a lot of stuff like that and it's rare to see people admit their mistakes and I don't have a problem admitting mine. Anyways

About the watch. I'm trying to figure out if I want to get it. I also forgot other 3rd party retailers like incipio and iSkin will make watch bands. I could get the $349 watch and buy a really nice band. But idk lol when the iPad was introduced I told myself I really don't need it. What would I need it for but now I can't live without my iPad mini.