Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Beta Updated With Ability for A7/A8 Device Users to Fetch SHSH Blobs From the Device

Default TinyUmbrella Updated With Ability for A7/A8 Devices to Fetch SHSH Blobs from the Device

TinyUmbrella made a surprise re-appearance in the jailbreak scene mid-March after the application's developer @notcom announced that SHSH blobs were once again relevant to the jailbreaking world and that he had been working with iOS hacker ih8sn0w on something big. The application received a huge facelift too with a much more simplified user interface.

Since then, the new beta of TinyUmbrella has received two updates, the first, which improved the feature set of the application and fixed a variety of bugs and stability, and a second update, which was released today allowing A7 and A8 device users to fetch SHSH blobs from their devices.

@Notcom explains what is new in today's new beta release on the TinyUmbrella blog site, which we've quoted for you below:

Quote Originally Posted by notcom
    I’ve just pushed the latest TinyUmbrella BETA. This version fetches the current SHSH from the device. This means that if you are running 8.1.2, it doesn’t matter if Apple is no longer signing 8.1.2, TinyUmbrella will fetch the SHSH from the device. There are a couple of conditions:

• You must be jailbroken
    • You must have AFC2 installed (Search Apple File Conduit “2” in Cydia)
    • You must have an A7 or A8 device. This will not work for anything lower.
    • A7 Devices include:
      • iPhone 5S
      • iPad Air
      • iPad Mini 2 (retina)
      • iPad Mini 3

• A8 Devices include:
      • iPhone 6
      • iPhone 6 plus
      • iPad Air 2

If you do not have one of the above devices, you will need to wait for iH8sn0w and his iFaith update.

Enjoy
    @Notcom notes that this will only work on jailbroken A7 and A8 devices that have "Apple File Conduit 2" installed on them (available in Cydia) and that any other devices will have to wait for ih8sn0w's upcoming iFaith update to do the same thing.

To grab the updated version of TinyUmbrella beta, you can use the following download links (keep in mind, you need to have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed to use this software):

More features are still coming in future versions of TinyUmbrella and we have yet to hear officially what the big news about working with ih8sn0w will be, so stay tuned to find out!

Sources: TinyUmbrella

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-03-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Great news. Happy to have tiny umbrella back in the game.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2015-03-28)

Downloaded and installed. Have iPad Air on 8.1 and jailbroken with afc2. When opening it doesn't see the connected device even though iTunes does. Windows 7 64bit version here. So not sure if it works right or not since in beta
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2015-03-25 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Great news. Happy to have tiny umbrella back in the game.
    +1 to that, but unless I'm missing something, this will be a one-iOS version restore, after which Apple will have patched the exploit. I can't see this becoming a regular mechanism to restore firmware Apple's no longer signing.

Props to iH8sn0w and notcom regardless :-)

Awww balls. My 5s is stuck on the apple logo (don't know what my wife did to it, as it was working fine when I gave it to her) so likely going to have to restore to 8.2. It's on 8.1 at the moment but any number of hard resets won't sort it. Haven't been able to see if the computer sees it or not but pretty sure I didn't have AFC2 installed anyway

Can someone explain to me what it actually does

"TinyUmbrella will fetch the SHSH from the device".
    SHSH blobs used to be an essential part for downgrading firmware. Starting with IOS7, that was not possible anymore. So now, a new hope in on a horizon But it is still uncertain, how this new SHSH blobs will be used in the future, because they are not anymore a part of firmware signing process, which would enable us, for example, to downgrade to jailbreakable IOS.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-03-25 at 10:34 AM.

only old version of 32 bit worked in my 64bit windows 7 laptop.

now, none of new 32bit or 64bit works. :'(

it doesnt even open. java error
    Last edited by dying4004; 2015-03-25 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Awww balls. My 5s is stuck on the apple logo (don't know what my wife did to it, as it was working fine when I gave it to her) so likely going to have to restore to 8.2. It's on 8.1 at the moment but any number of hard resets won't sort it. Haven't been able to see if the computer sees it or not but pretty sure I didn't have AFC2 installed anyway
    Try to reboot your 5s by holding the volume up button for 30 seconds once you see the apple logo. This will disable any broken cydia tweaks that are preventing the device from booting up and will put it to safe mode so that you can disable any broken tweaks recently installed.

Thanks

Being able to downgrade and upgrade at will used to be an awesome capability. Glad to see it coming back into use. My blobs are saved :]

Try this java version it will work

Java 8 Central

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Downloaded and installed. Have iPad Air on 8.1 and jailbroken with afc2. When opening it doesn't see the connected device even though iTunes does. Windows 7 64bit version here. So not sure if it works right or not since in beta
    Same here. Have an iPhone 6 running 8.1.2 with afc2 installed and it just doesn't do anything when I connect my phone and run the app. Tried updating Java, uninstalling and re-installing and same issue.

Also it's worth noting that ACF2 is a buggy piece of software. Read the Cydia description for the package.

You may have to disconnect/reconnect your device using different USB ports several times for it to work.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-25 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya, I had to reinstall afc2 then respring for tiny umbrella to get my shsh off the device, then 10 seconds later it was back to giving me the no afc2 error. Definitely a bit buggy, managed to get them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ya, I had to reinstall afc2 then respring for tiny umbrella to get my shsh off the device, then 10 seconds later it was back to giving me the no afc2 error. Definitely a bit buggy, managed to get them though.
    Still doesn't work for me. Re-installed afc2 several times, resprung several times, tried plugging into different USB ports but it just will not detect my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by will822 View Post
    Still doesn't work for me. Re-installed afc2 several times, resprung several times, tried plugging into different USB ports but it just will not detect my phone.
    Do you have a way of testing another computer or another iOS device?

I think the majority of us are using the Mac OS X version of the TinyUmbrella software without issues.

Thanks

I don't have afc2 installed and my wife's 6 is not jailbroken but TU saved blobs for both phones. Are the requirements listed above needed for the exploit to work or just to have TU save your blobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I had the same problem with the first release of the "new" tiny umbrella. I downloaded the 32 but version and it pulled the blobs of my iPhone 6 plus.

I think I need to do it again cause it pulled 8.13. This newer update says it pulls the current ones.

Win 8.1 64bit, iPhone 6 plus 8.1.2 pulled using 32 bit tiny umbrella. 64 bit would not detect device.

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    I don't have afc2 installed and my wife's 6 is not jailbroken but TU saved blobs for both phones. Are the requirements listed above needed for the exploit to work or just to have TU save your blobs?
    I think it's only needed if you want to save the blobs for your jailbreakable OS. Without it TU polls Apples server for whatever current blob they will sign.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Let's say if I restore from 8.1.1 to 8.1.3 or 8.2 if I want to go back to 8.1.1 I could do it cuz I got them saved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast