Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Closes the Signing Window for iOS 8.1.3

Default Apple Closes the Signing Window for iOS 8.1.3

Apple is no longer signing iOS 8.1.3, which means that there is now no longer a way to downgrade to iOS 8.1.3 if you upgraded to iOS 8.2, whether by accident, or to just experiment with the new features and stability. iOS 8.2 is still being signed because it's currently the latest iOS firmware, although iOS 8.3 is just over the horizon. You can always check what firmware is being signed for your device by heading over to this link.

iOS 8.1.3, like iOS 8.2, cannot be jailbroken publicly at this point in time, so the changes won't affect too many people like the closing of the iOS 8.1.2 signing window did back in February.

With iOS 8.1.3 no longer being signed, this also means that anyone that tries to restore their iOS devices in iTunes will be forced to upgrade to the Apple Watch-compatible iOS 8.2, so if you're jailbroken and having issues with stability, it's advised to avoid restoring and to attempt any other possible troubleshooting steps if possible, such as uninstalling suspect jailbreak tweaks and removing their preference files with iFile in an attempt to remove conflicts.

If you are jailbroken on iOS 8.1.2 right now, you should try to hang tight a little while longer, even if you're having some minor stability issues. @Notcom just released a new version of TinyUmbrella noting that saving SHSH files is once again relevant to the jailbreak scene. He also noted being in the works iwth ih8sn0w on a new exploit, hinting that a downgrade process might be possible again for firmwares where SHSH blobs are saved. He also warns users not to update to a non-jailbreakable firmware if they want any chance of this happening.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So TinyUmbrella is forcing me to install Java. I'd rather not have TU at all and jailbreak the same way I've always done without it, than install that security hole ridden buggy sluggish piece of garbage Java...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xushi For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-03-24)

Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
    So TinyUmbrella is forcing me to install Java. I'd rather not have TU at all and jailbreak the same way I've always done without it, than install that security hole ridden buggy sluggish piece of garbage Java...
    Amen!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unfortunately you gotta have Java for any of this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by xushi View Post
    It really p**ses me off too. It's not so much having it installed, it's the constant attempts to get you to update even if you're on the most recent version AND the mcafee bloatware. But afraid it's necessary for TU

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    AND the mcafee bloatware.
    I've never had any McAfee bloatware installed with my Java. I un-check it when I install Java.

later modmyi will write approx 80% of apple users using ios 8.2. LOLZ

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
    later modmyi will write approx 80% of apple users using ios 8.2. LOLZ
    You do know those are Apple released statements right?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-03-27), vinaygoel2000 (2015-03-26)