Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone and iPad Twitter Apps Begin Testing Autoplay Videos

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New iPhone and iPad Twitter Apps Begin Testing Autoplay Videos

It was reported that popular social media site Twitter has decided to do an ad engagement test using iOS apps. According to Ad Age, select iPhone and iPad devices in the U.S. have sponsored video ads that play automatically. It was noted that the social media site is trying to see if users would watch video ads if it played automatically as opposed to needing to click play. Twitter noted:

We're running a small test on a few variations on the video playback experience.
    The video content used will apparently be chosen from the company’s Promoted Video ads, which are videos users upload via Twitter’s mobile app. In order to test which tactic works better, there will be two different experiments used during the test. Some users will see a looped 6-second autoplay teaser clip, while others watch entire videos that play in an automatic loop. Both video formats are muted until the user taps on the video, which would then turn into full screen with volume.

Twitter currently has ‘click-to-play’ iOS ads, and users have to actually click on the add in order to see the video. It was noted that the company is trying to see the same type of success as Facebook sees, which apparently does three billion+ video views a day.

Source: Ad Age

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't use twitter, but I've quit websites before over auto play ads.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-03-25)

Could they maybe not do that?

There goes more data.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

I have a Problem with Videos auto playing. I didn't like it when FaceBook did it. For one, I think it would use more data (which could be a problem if you don't have a unlimited data plan). Also, i'm not interested in watching every video that I scroll over.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to psxcancer For This Useful Post: