Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Wozniak Shares His Opinion on the Apple Watch, Electric Car and Future Tech

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steve Wozniak Shares His Opinion on the Apple Watch, Electric Car and Future Tech

Recently interviewed in Australia’s Financial Review, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak stated that he will only be buying the entry-level Apple Watch sport as of right now. Woz said he had previously tried and discarded other smartwatches such as the Samsung Galaxy Gear once the novelty had worn off. He claims that if he finds himself using the cheaper model “every single day” than he will splurge on the Apple Watch Edition at a later point. He had the following to say regarding the matter:

If you buy the really high-priced ones, the jewelry ones, then you’re not buying a smartwatch that has a bunch of apps … Like a Rolex watch, you’re buying if for prestige and a label and a symbol of who you are […] and for an engineer like me I don’t live in that world, that’s not my world.”
    Wozniak, who’s a big fan of Tesla, continued by stating that he doesn’t have any knowledge of whether Apple was making a car but he does think the idea does make sense.

There are an awful lot of companies right now who are playing with electric cars, and there’s a lot more playing with self-driving cars, this is the future and it might be huge … there are so many openings here and it is perfect territory for a company like Apple.
    Apple is a company that seems to be innovative and large enough to warrant for all of the research and development to enter the space. It would still be many years until such an idea comes to fruition but he does believe that all the pre-requisites are checked off in terms of being capable of putting together a product that the general public would be interested in.

Woz continued by echoing comments that were made by Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk stating that customers would eventually supersede humans. He claimed that he was unsure of what role people would play, be it something superior or inferior to computers, but that Moore’s Law may end up saving people. He then dove into a discussion about transistors stating that they couldn’t keep halving in size because if they did by 2020 they’d be down to the size of a single atom. Conversely, quantum computing-theoretically operating at a sub-atomic level hasn’t made any real progress.

I hope it does come, and we should pursue it because it is about scientific exploring, but in the end we just may have created the species that is above us.”
    It’s always interesting to see what Woz has to say as his knowledge and experience in the tech space is quite remarkable. How do you feel about Woz’s input regarding the Apple Watch, the rumored Apple electric car and the future of the tech space? Share your thoughts and comments below!

Source: Financial Review via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

"Woz continued by echoing comments that were made by Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk stating that customers would eventually supersede humans."

This kind of makes sense, but I'm guessing you mean "computers" instead of "customers".

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2015-03-25), SpiderManAPV (2015-03-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Yeah.. Just a typo. But I had to read it several times before I "got it "..

Thanks

Whatever Apple does and has been doing is pushing technology. Not every tech maker is doing so..or they are not on the level of Apple. Keep the great innovation coming. Even if you don't buy the Apple tech, there are other companies that borrow ideas and push the envelope further. Competition and innovation are awesome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Rakim (2015-03-26)

Woz has a good head on his shoulders about the whole thing.