Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's How to Pause Video Recording and Resume Again in iOS 8 (Jailbreak Required)

Default Here's How to Pause Video Recording and Resume Again in iOS 8

One of the long-time ignored features in Apple's Camera application is that you cannot pause video recording and resume after a period of time. Instead, you are forced to start an entirely new video file after you stop recording one video clip.

A new free jailbreak tweak called RecordPause by iOS developer PoomSmart is now available for free in Cydia to fix this. The tweak adds full pause capability to video recording in the iOS 8 Camera application.

PoomSmart notes that the tweak only works in iOS 8 thanks to a new API. To use the tweak, you can tap on the video recording's elapsed time to toggle pause or play while recording video. The developer notes that anything greater than or equal to a 60 frames per second frame rate could cause a shutter bug with this tweak, so it's recommended to stay at 30 frames per second while using this tweak for the best results.

If you're interested in giving RecordPause a try, it's available free of charge right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 8 is required to install the tweak.

Name: RecordPause
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Finally somebody make it this tweak, I hate it because apple dont have this option from default, is little buggy with cameratweak 3 on iphone 6 ios 8.1.2. I hope the developer fixes this issues... This is a greater tweak and I was waiting for long time for somebody to come out with this option...

Great tweak & it would be EVEN BETTER if a "Pause" button appeared next to the record/stop button so that you didn't have to go to the top of the screen to tap on the "Elapsed Time."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jetsetjoey For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-24)