Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Beta Version of Updated TinyUmbrella SHSH Saver Tool Available to Download

Default New Beta Version of Updated TinyUmbrella SHSH Saver Tool Available to Download

We reported about a week ago on the unveiling of an updated TinyUmbrella tool for OS X and Windows that @notcom, the creator of the application, noted was important to download and use to save your SHSH blobs on your jailbroken devices. The developer is purportedly working in cahoots with well-known iOS hacker ih8sn0w on something big that makes SHSH blobs relevant to the jailbreaking scene once again.

A little less than one week later, however, the developer has released an updated beta of the new TinyUmbrella SHSH-saving tool for OS X and Windows. The new version, dubbed version 8.2.0.41 is available to download for both OS X and Windows via TinyUmbrella's Web site at this link.

@Notcom notes the following changes in the latest version:

Quote Originally Posted by @notcom

• Architecture detection TinyUmbrella will now warn you if iTunes is a different architecture. This affects device detection. If TinyUmbrella and iTunes are not the same architecture, TinyUmbrella will not be able to detect your device
    • Contention issues I had some nasty race conditions revolving around startup and the handling of files. This has been fixed in the latest build
    • SHSH ECID and Version detection TinyUmbrella was failing to detect very old (3.x) SHSH formats. This resulted in -1.shshs. This has been fixed and the actual SHSHs found in those -1 files will be placed in their proper homes automatically.
    • Longer TSS Fetch cooldown This is important because if we hit the TSS servers too quickly, their flood detection will kick in and we will earn ourselves a nice temporary IP ban.
    • Device Highlighting from SHSH table When you select a signature in the table, the corresponding device is highlighted in the device tree.
    • Many more bug fixes

There's more to it, however. This is only one update out of a series of updates the developer has planned for TinyUmbrella. @Notcom also teases that he has additional future plans for TinyUmbrella in a blog post:

Quote Originally Posted by @notcom
    I still have on the TODO list:

• On-device SHSH fetching Unfortunately due to the way this works, it will only happen for A7/A8 devices. IE if your device has a file located at /System/Library/Caches/apticket.der then TU will fetch it.
    • Other features I need to flesh out before announcing them

Thank you for your support! Keep saving those SHSHs!
    It is recommended, from not only us, but the developer of TinyUmbrella too, that you save your SHSH blobs for all of your jailbroken devices and keep yourself from updating your iOS devices:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ive said before. Do. Not. Update. Period. Stay on jb firmware. Its unwise to expect or wait for a tool to reverse your bad decision.</p>&mdash; semaphore (@notcom) <a href="https://twitter.com/notcom/status/579672563032289280">March 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes. The next biggish feature will be fetching from a7/a8 devices. Ill post more info as it draws nearer.</p>&mdash; semaphore (@notcom) <a href="https://twitter.com/notcom/status/579756535456354304">March 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sources: TinyUmbrella via @notcom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-23)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll have to try this version. The last one never recognized my iPhone.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-24)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this still require Java 8 or whatever it was to run it?

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I'll have to try this version. The last one never recognized my iPhone.
    Mine either. I'm thinking I have 32 bit iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Does this still require Java 8 or whatever it was to run it?
    Yes, it does. If this could help.....I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 Bit.....JAVA Version 8.0.31 did the job perfectly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-24)

Still doesn't detect my iphone 6 plus :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Still doesn't detect my iphone 6 plus :-(
    Have you tried different USB ports & do you have the latest version of JRE installed?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Have you tried different USB ports & do you have the latest version of JRE installed?
    I just uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and it still wont let me open the file to run TU.

Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by toyhaulerobs View Post
    I just uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and it still wont let me open the file to run TU.

Windows 7 x64
    I'm unsure what you mean by it won't let you open the file. Try running it as an administrator.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-24)

Try this java version this work for mehttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/java8-2100321.html

Other java version doesn't work for me also