Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DockWare' Tweak Updated for iOS 8, Lets You Use Your Application Dock Anywhere in iOS

Default 'DockWare' Tweak Updated for iOS 8, Lets You Use Your Application Dock Anywhere in iOS

DockWare was a jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Brogan Miner that we showed you back in June of last year for iOS 7, which allowed you to access the application dock from anywhere in iOS with the simple use of an Activator gesture.

DockWare has been updated for iOS 8 and is now available in Cydia. With it, you will be able to open up your application dock from any application on your iOS 8 device and launch applications from it.

Once installed, the tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a variety of options to your liking:

The preferences pane is split up into sections; Home Screen Behavior, In-app Behavior, and Activation Method. Beginning with Home Screen Behavior, you will notice you are given the following options to configure:

• Enabling or disabling the custom features for the Dock on the Home Screen
    • Choosing between a normal or inverse mode for your Dock
    • Choosing the behavior for how your Dock will appear on the Home Screen (squeeze, push, or overlay)
    • Choosing the animation for how the Dock will appear
    • Choosing the animation for how the Dock will disappear
    • Choosing an auto-hide duration

In the In-app Behavior section, you have the following options:

• Enabling or disabling the custom features for when inside of applications
    • Choosing the behavior for how your Dock will appear within applications (squeeze, push, or overlay)
    • Choosing the animation for how the Dock will appear
    • Choosing the animation for how the Dock will disappear
    • Blacklisting the applications you don't want the Dock to appear in
    • Choosing an auto-hide duration

In the Activation Method section, you can configure an Activator gesture that you want to use to enable DockWare in the interface you're in, and the About section just tells you more about the tweak and the developer.

The developer notes that DockWare supports Apex 2 and a variety of other jailbreak tweaks too. If you're interested in giving the tweak a try, it's available for 99*in Cydia's BigBoss repository; it's also a free upgrade for everyone that already owns the original DockWare tweak for iOS 7.

Name: DockWare (iOS 8)
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Brogan Miner
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a way around the dependency requirement for Activator when I try to install this tweak?
    I use QuickDo as my gesture tweaks.
    I like it better because it has a double tap gesture on any open area on a homescreen to open or activate a app or tweak.
    I wish Activator offered this gesture and have reached out to the developer a few times but he has never responded.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Is there a way around the dependency requirement for Activator when I try to install this tweak?
    I use QuickDo as my gesture tweaks.
    I like it better because it has a double tap gesture on any open area on a homescreen to open or activate a app or tweak.
    I wish Activator offered this gesture and have reached out to the developer a few times but he has never responded.

Thanks
    No, I believe the tweak is built for activator.

Thanks

Wouldn't QuickDo be Activator's equal?
    I just really like the double tap option.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Wouldn't QuickDo be Activator's equal?
    I just really like the double tap option.

Thanks
    They are not the same and were coded by two different developers, which means that the developer of DockWare would have to re-write part of the tweak to be compatible with QuickDo. The tweak in its current condition was written to be used with Activator.

It would be possible to code in, but not possible to use in its current state, if that's what you're asking.

Thanks

I'd like it if activator offered the double tap on a open area of the home screen but I can't find it in Activator.