Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Majority of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Users Have Yet to Try Apple Pay

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    1) my bank doesn't support apple pay yet, so...
    2) I haven't learned the process of using it
    3) I wouldn't know where it's accepted even if I could

That being said, all these incessant ad pop ups and banners on your site have led me to remove it from my apple news favorites. I know you need to keep the lights on but it's gotten beyond egregious. Farewell, modmyi.
    You don't touch anything. You hover next to it. It'd be nice if I didn't have to type in my pin because that would truly be fast. Otherwise if I'm not pulling out my wallet I'm pulling out my phone. I did have an instance where my Bank of America card was worn down and barely scanned. I forgot and pulled out my phone at Walgreens and worked like a charm every time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Why on gods green earth did you use that typeface? It's so hard to read.

I'm more concerned about touching your phone to an area where others touch their phone. One of the most common contaminants on a phone is faecal material and I don't fancy getting other people's poop on my handset. I periodically use alcohol wipes on my phone to clean it (I'm a medical Dr) as I can't have my phone as a source of infection, for patients or myself!
    Fecal matter!? Are people shoving their iPhones up their butts in your corner of the world? Like so many glycerin suppositories. Or maybe poo spews forth from their swear holes as they blab on the iPhone? Or maybe they pick chunks of poop out of their arse and then call their doctors?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

I'm laughing at this because they only asked 1188 people for the survey, what a joke Where did they go to survey? Some small town that their stores doesn't support Apple Pay? Try asking or surveying 500,000 for a legit survey. Even 500K is a drop in the bucket for surveying people with a iPhone 6 or 6+ for Apple Pay.

I'm surprised that the authors/writers on here even bother to post this ridiculous article.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2015-03-20 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    May I ask, why don't you use adblocker for your browser?
    Ad blocker doesn't work for about half the pop ups were getting at the modmyi sight. I still get 5 to 10 a day. It's become really terrible. I told Kyle about it and it would seem he refuses to make any real changes. I guess it's all about money. I can understand, but, very sad.

As to Apple Pay. You still have to put in your PIN for a debit card so it's sort of useless to me. Doesn't save any steps. Also there are so few vendors that actually accept Apple Pay it's really in its absolute infancy. I also hate that it requires a passcode lock which I never use and don't want. my thumbprint alone should be enough passcode to prove it's me using the service.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    What's the problem with the passcode? Honestly my phone unlocks faster with Touch ID then without a passcode.
    Hate having it on. I don't like extra steps to unlock my phone or quick read a text. Sooooo annoying

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    As to Apple Pay. You still have to put in your PIN for a debit card so it's sort of useless to me. Doesn't save any steps. Also there are so few vendors that actually accept Apple Pay it's really in its absolute infancy. I also hate that it requires a passcode lock which I never use and don't want. my thumbprint alone should be enough passcode to prove it's me using the service.
    As far as the pin goes, sounds like that a requirement of the bank the card is associated with and not ApplePay. Use of any debit card from a bank requires the use of the pin, unless you're using it as credit card at a store. Have no idea what people are saying about the passcode thing. I have used ApplePay when I can and never had to put in my passcode. One thing I do see, but is different from store to store, is being asked by the checkout person to hit additional button/s on the card reader. Example? Hitting the credit button and confirming the total amount, but like i said? That differs from store to store. Been in plenty of stores where all you do is the TouchID and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Why on gods green earth did you use that typeface? It's so hard to read.

I'm more concerned about touching your phone to an area where others touch their phone. One of the most common contaminants on a phone is faecal material and I don't fancy getting other people's poop on my handset. I periodically use alcohol wipes on my phone to clean it (I'm a medical Dr) as I can't have my phone as a source of infection, for patients or myself!
    Lol @doctor. What's your speciality Doc? Hypochondriasis?

Unless you're in surgury or some other sterile environment the risk of infection from your phone is no greater than your pen, clothes, shoes, patient, You...

Maybe you should stop drinking the isopropyl alcohol.

Ad blocker doesn't work for about half the pop ups were getting at the modmyi sight. I still get 5 to 10 a day. It's become really terrible. I told Kyle about it and it would seem he refuses to make any real changes. I guess it's all about money. I can understand, but, very sad.

Interesting, I don't have any problems. I am using firefox BTW. No popups whatsoever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    but the passcode lock has to stay on 24/7 in order to use it. I've used t before I know how it works. I just hate that your passcode lock must stay on 24/7. I've tried turning on Apple pay and then turning off passcode lock but then it automatically turns off Apple pay along with it. Sooooo stupid
    You want to have a payment system on your phone with no lock enabled...and you're calling Apple stupid?

Thanks

Default Majority of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Users Have Yet to Try Apple Pay
    Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    You want to have a payment system on your phone with no lock enabled...and you're calling Apple stupid?
    There is a lock, YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR FINGERPRINT TO USE APPLE PAY....therefor I DO NOT need a passcode lock on my phone to check texts

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-20), talkin73 (2015-03-22)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh yeah...on target with the discussion... I had my CC on apple pay and used it a few times (esp at the liquor store), but until my idiot credit union gets signed up (which they say they are), I won't use it often as I want to use my check card, not my credit card.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

but the passcode lock has to stay on 24/7 in order to use it. I've used t before I know how it works. I just hate that your passcode lock must stay on 24/7. I've tried turning on Apple pay and then turning off passcode lock but then it automatically turns off Apple pay along with it. Sooooo stupid
    Install Mesalation from Cydia. You can set your phone to ask for password Never and Apple Pay will still work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

talkin73 (2015-03-22)

Thanks

Like I told magnum, install Mesalation. I use Ad Blocker extension in Chrome and see no ads or pop-ups.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Like I told magnum, install Mesalation. I use Ad Blocker extension in Chrome and see no ads or pop-ups.
    t̫h̫a̫n̫k̫ y̫o̫u̫!!! i̫ w̫i̫l̫l̫ t̫r̫y̫ t̫h̫a̫t̫ o̫u̫t̫!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

There is a lock, YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR FINGERPRINT TO USE APPLE PAY....therefor I DO NOT need a passcode lock on my phone to check texts
    Exactly, Magnum! That's the point. You don't need Apple's Passcode Lock when you have your thumbprint. They HAVE to get rid of that before I'll consider using Apple Pay..

What is Mesalation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    As far as the pin goes, sounds like that a requirement of the bank the card is associated with and not ApplePay. Use of any debit card from a bank requires the use of the pin, unless you're using it as credit card at a store. Have no idea what people are saying about the passcode thing. I have used ApplePay when I can and never had to put in my passcode. One thing I do see, but is different from store to store, is being asked by the checkout person to hit additional button/s on the card reader. Example? Hitting the credit button and confirming the total amount, but like i said? That differs from store to store. Been in plenty of stores where all you do is the TouchID and that's it.
    Didn't say anything about having to use my Apple Passcode. I said - when using a Visa Debit Card (main bank card with access to only your checking account, no credit limit) the Apple Pay vendor scanner still requires you to enter your BANK PIN.. From what I've read online this is the case for ALL Debit cards - regardless of bank. It is a requirement of ApplePay - and has nothing to do with my bank. Only credit cards with credit limits will allow the 'signature skip' step. And as we know - credit cards don't have PINs.

...in Chrome and see no ads or pop-ups.
    CHROME?.. Yuck... Firefox or nothing for me..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-03-20 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

Exactly, Magnum! That's the point. You don't need Apple's Passcode Lock when you have your thumbprint. They HAVE to get rid of that before I'll consider using Apple Pay..

What is Mesalation?
    I swear! It's the very main reason I don't use Apple pay. I've used it before just to say I've used it but it will not be an everyday thing until they change that

Thanks

What is Mesalation?
    Didn't say anything about having to use my Apple Passcode. I said - when using a Visa Debit Card (main bank card with access to only your checking account, no credit limit) the Apple Pay vendor scanner still requires you to enter your BANK PIN.. From what I've read online this is the case for ALL Debit cards - regardless of bank. It is a requirement of ApplePay - and has nothing to do with my bank. Only credit cards with credit limits will allow the 'signature skip' step. And as we know - credit cards don't have PINs.

CHROME?.. Yuck... Firefox or nothing for me..
    Mesalation is a free tweak where you can set your phone to ask for password to Never or 15 minutes, etc. Try it out.

I wasn't suggesting you use Chrome. I'm sure Firefox has ad blocker extensions too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-20)

Until Apple and PayPal kiss and make up, I won't be using it. I live and die by my Paypal Business Debit card (Used as a credit card) i get my 1.5% every month and all transactions come out of my bank account instead of me having to pay a bill every month

LockInfo 8 also can get rid of passcode at lockscreen and Apple Pay still works...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    Until Apple and PayPal kiss and make up, I won't be using it. I live and die by my Paypal Business Debit card (Used as a credit card) i get my 1.5% every month and all transactions come out of my bank account instead of me having to pay a bill every month
    That sounds really nice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast