Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vine for iOS Gets Even Faster and Now Supports Offline Vine Viewing

Default Vine for iOS Gets Even Faster and Now Supports Offline Vine Viewing

The popular Vine short video-sharing application for iOS has been updated with improvements to the way that you use Vine offline, as well as noticeable speed improvements.

Vine announced these changes via the Vine Blog at this link and even uploaded a Vine of their own that shows the Before and After differences in speed, as well as what would happen if you were to attempt using Vine while offline before the update versus what now happens when you attempt to use Vine while offline after the update.

The Vine can be viewed below:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OVQKAD31Pwe/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

The speed and offline viewing comes from a new video caching system that has been built into the application, as Vine notes. Moreover, the smaller video download sizes improve the caching capability, as well as speed up the application on slower Internet connections.

The updated version of the application is already available on the iOS App Store at this link and Vine notes that similar changes are coming to the Android platform soon.

Sources: Vine

My VINE App stopped working 2 Updates ago. I think there maybe a conflicting Jailbreak Tweak thats not letting it open. I get a Black Screen with a small Green Circle at top left. Any Ideas? Just to Add, I do not have any Tweaks for the VINE App installed nor anything related to it. I used to have the Download Vines Tweak but removed it. Any Suggestions? Please and Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaRz Franco View Post
    My VINE App stopped working 2 Updates ago. I think there maybe a conflicting Jailbreak Tweak thats not letting it open. I get a Black Screen with a small Green Circle at top left. Any Ideas? Just to Add, I do not have any Tweaks for the VINE App installed nor anything related to it. I used to have the Download Vines Tweak but removed it. Any Suggestions? Please and Thanks
    Eclipse maybe?

I dont have eclipse on my phone. It's just completely non-working and black screen. When in safe mode it works fine

This update breaks the VineDownloader tweak and makes the app crash when you attempt to use. I ended up having to downgrade back to the previous version 3.1.5 ..which is fine the vids load fine for me and I don't really make use of the app offline. I'll be sporting this version of the app until the tweak gets updated