Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's How to Use Touch ID Even After Immediately Rebooting Your iPhone or iPad

Default Here's How to Use Touch ID Even After Immediately Rebooting Your iPhone or iPad

One of the gripes of using Touch ID on your new iPhone or iPad is that you can't use it after you reboot your device; instead, you're asked to enter your numeric passcode once before you're allowed to start using your Touch ID sensor again.

A new free jailbreak tweak called BioBoot by iOS developer N104 is now available in Cydia that fixes this gripe and lets you use your Touch ID sensor to unlock your iPhone or iPad even immediately after you reboot your device.

BioBoot includes Activator integration so that you can toggle the tweak's functionality on or off on demand. Apart from this, there are no other options to configure.

BioBoot only works with devices that have Touch ID functionality, like the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, the latest iPad, and the latest iPad mini. The tweak also requires iOS 8 to be installed. If you're interested in giving it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. Check it out!

Name: BioBoot
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, Touch ID device
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: N104
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

This is a nice tweak for sure. Are there any plans of extending it to your iTunes password or is that already done?

Yeah I would like to only be asked for touchid for app store. I also would like to unlock AND use the app store with touchid while at the same time have the lockout be 5 minutes instead of immediately.

Hm the passcode is also required after the iDevice is not used for 48h.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariousmc View Post
    Yeah I would like to only be asked for touchid for app store. I also would like to unlock AND use the app store with touchid while at the same time have the lockout be 5 minutes instead of immediately.
    My feelings exactly.

It's really not that much of a hassle to re-enter your passcode after a hard reboot. I can still use TouchID after a respringing, which is 95% of the time I ever need to restart my phone. It rarely gets turned off.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    This is a nice tweak for sure. Are there any plans of extending it to your iTunes password or is that already done?
    Agree, and having it for iTunes seems a no brainer to me. Apple missed it. Jailbreakers / Devs get it done...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2015-03-18)

Quote Originally Posted by cbrm View Post
    Hm the passcode is also required after the iDevice is not used for 48h.
    48 hours?! I wish I had the mental fortitude to put my phone down for 48 minutes.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cpho For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-03-19), hogcia (2015-03-18), hopethemodworx (2015-03-19), littlelisa63 (2015-03-18), Sakyr (2015-03-19), wdpower (2015-03-19)

Default Here's How to Use Touch ID Even After Immediately Rebooting Your iPhone or iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariousmc View Post
    Mesalation in Cydia, look it up, it's fantastic!!
    Last edited by Al226; 2015-03-19 at 05:36 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (2015-03-19)

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Messalation in Cydia, look it up, it's fantastic!!
    It's Mesalation. And yes it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by cpho View Post
    48 hours?! I wish I had the mental fortitude to put my phone down for 48 minutes.
    Yeh : D I noticed it with my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    It's Mesalation. And yes it's fantastic.
    thank you, it is a very cool tweak indeed

Quote Originally Posted by cpho View Post
    48 hours?! I wish i had the mental fortitude to put my phone down for 48 minutes.
    lol!!!