Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developer Manages to Hack Android Wear to Answer iPhone Calls Without a Jailbreak

Default Developer Manages to Hack Android Wear to Answer iPhone Calls Without a Jailbreak

An app developer by the name of Mohammad Abu-Garbeyyeh has managed to hack Google's Android Wear to accept incoming calls from Apple's iPhone, which runs iOS, a competing operating system from that of the Android ecosystem.

Perhaps the most stunning detail about this integration is that it didn't require a jailbreak on the iPhone and that the pairing used Apple's own APIs completely, using ANCS as the connection between the devices.

The developer shared his video of the demonstration on YouTube, which you can view below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D2pkyHp8HN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Earlier in the year, Abu-Garbeyyeh managed to also get Android Wear to work with iOS' notification system so that notifications appearing on the iPhone could also appear on the Android Wear device. Another video for that can be seen below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DIIYmVSc9Yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Although this awesome hackery shows that integration is indeed possible, we've also heard reports that Google is working on an official solution to an application that could make the Android Wear devices compatible with the iPhone.

If you had to choose between Google's Android Wear or Apple's Apple Watch, and both of them had this functionality for your iPhone, which would you take?

Sources: YouTube

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

DJ_Jimi (2015-03-17)

Thanks

To me this is the best way to sway a user from just Apple or just Google/Android wear. Make it compatible across the board.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Excellent marketing strategy.

A first gen Apple Watch isn't worth it for me, too expensive and you know the 2nd version will be better, a cheaper AndroidWear watch would be an ideal companion to my iPhone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

hogcia (2015-03-18)

I wouldn't mind using a Moto 360 with my iPhone 6 Plus

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    His phone looks Jailbroken, and there are 3 obvious signs that point to this:

1. There is no % sign next to his battery level (there's a jailbreak tweak for that)
    2. Look at his Messages icon when he gets a text. It bounces up and down (another Jailbreak tweak)
    3. The top left/right corners of his dock are rounded (not the case on standard iOS software)

Creator of this article should probably do more fact checking before posting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm getting the apple watch because anything by android is garbage and always will be. Nonetheless this is very cool to see

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Rinehart View Post

1. There is no % sign next to his battery level (there's a jailbreak tweak for that)
    2. Look at his Messages icon when he gets a text. It bounces up and down (another Jailbreak tweak)
    3. The top left/right corners of his dock are rounded (not the case on standard iOS software)

Just because it is doesn't mean it is required. Think before you speak.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2015-03-17), docmagoo2 (2015-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    Maybe so, BUT, the headline says "....Answer iPhone Calls Without a Jailbreak"

OBVIOUSLY the iPhone is jailbroken. How about showing a video with a non-jailbroken phone.

Obviously it's required if the video shows a jailbroken phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the battery life as bad on android wear as with the apple watch? It's nice to have choices, but as far as I can tell they are all junk at this point since I would have to go 36+ hours between charges on a regular basis.

What's Jailbreak? Karlanthonyuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Developer Manages to Hack Android Wear to Answer iPhone Calls Without a Jailb...
    Am i the only one who can see a % mark? Its clear as day

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karlanthonyuk View Post
    Totally see it too. If course, I also see zeppelin installed, which negates that, but whatever.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Karlanthonyuk (2015-03-18)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoIt311 View Post
    I don't see how. My phone is jailbroken, but if I made a video transferring a song onto my phone from itunes that doesn't mean a jailbreak is required.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Karlanthonyuk (2015-03-18), kyphur (2015-03-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlanthonyuk View Post
    On one video, there is a percentage mark, in the other one, it's missing. Either way, it's clearly a jailbroken phone in both videos.

What's Jailbreak? Karlanthonyuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Totally see it too. If course, I also see zeppelin installed, which negates that, but whatever.
    Totally understandable but just because he is jailbroken does not mean we all have to be to use the hack, i wouldn't want to restore my phone to prove no jailbreak is needed, what does he have to prove?

Bravo sir!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karlanthonyuk For This Useful Post:

kyphur (2015-03-18), TDH Advocate (2015-03-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Rinehart View Post

So…just because I have running shoes I can't walk in them? Geez dude, common sense is free!! Go get your share!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

kyphur (2015-03-18), TDH Advocate (2015-03-18)

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoIt311 View Post
    Obviously you can only wear running shoes while running, right? Yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

Thanks

The Moto 360 is one of my faves, especially for the price. On hukd I saw them going for £130 I'd buy it over the apple watch any day. I hope this comes soon as I need a smart watch for work.

I'm getting the apple watch because anything by android is garbage and always will be. Nonetheless this is very cool to see
    Nothing wrong with Android millions of users are very happy with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast