Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Recent Survey Reveals that 60 Million Americans are Interested in Buying an Apple Watch

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,897
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 200 Times in 179 Posts

    Default Recent Survey Reveals that 60 Million Americans are Interested in Buying an Apple Watch


    A new report from the folks over at Reuters shows that there are roughly 60 million Americans who are already willing to buy an Apple Watch. The survey which was conducted by Ipsos found that 25% of Americans are already interested in the upcoming Apple device. What’s even more surprising is that 13% of the 60 million don’t have an iPhone but are considering getting one in an effort to pair it up with the Apple Watch.

    Ipsos found that 50% of the 1,245 Americans surveyed between March 9 and March 13 had heard of the Apple Watch while 40% of them considered the wearable as a “cool” device to wear. Considering the product hasn’t even been released and the most if not all of the people surveyed haven’t even seen one in person, the numbers appear to be quite impressive. Even if a few million people purchase the Apple Watch compared to the 60 million projected purchases, the news would be quite large as the wearable market has yet to really take off. The purchases would mean that a large market shift would be occurring, one that many analysts have been predicting for quite some time.

    Ultimately we’ll have to wait until the launch to see what the initial sales really turn out to be but for a new product in a relatively new industry, the anticipation of the Apple Watch seems to already be causing waves of change. What category do you fall under? Will you be getting an Apple Watch?

    Source: Ipsos via Reuters

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 59 Times in 42 Posts

    I for one can't wait for the Apple watch and will be preordering one asap. I just hope that I can manage to snag one that will actually come in close to or on launch day otherwise I'll be furious.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

    HovikGas (2015-03-17)

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    I for one can't wait for the Apple watch and will be preordering one asap. I just hope that I can manage to snag one that will actually come in close to or on launch day otherwise I'll be furious.
    I'll be preordering one for resale on ebay.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to turdsmoka For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (2015-03-17)

  6. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 152 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    I'll be preordering one for resale on ebay.
    Hahahaha that's the real use of the thing.

  7. #5
    Would like to see one in Gold Anodized or Gold Stainless on the lower scale $ 10,000 is a bit too much for a watch in my book

  8. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 430 Times in 265 Posts

    These watches are going to fly off of the shelves. If not for personal use, then for resale and profit. Do these things lock like our phones currently do? If someone steals one, can it just be recycled and used or is it a brick like my iPhone 6+ if someone stole it? Just wondering.

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    These watches are going to fly off of the shelves. If not for personal use, then for resale and profit. Do these things lock like our phones currently do? If someone steals one, can it just be recycled and used or is it a brick like my iPhone 6+ if someone stole it? Just wondering.
    Very good points I had not thought of that since the watch I ware daily I never take it off.

  10. #8
    Yes, I'm one of them....I want the iPhone watch

  11. #9
    I have a feeling this watch will not sale well. I was looking into getting one, but the price is just too high. Apple is greedy, and for that reason I hope the iwatch fails.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I have a feeling this watch will not sale well. I was looking into getting one, but the price is just too high. Apple is greedy, and for that reason I hope the iwatch fails.
    i have a feeling you're wrong times 60,000,000.

  13. #11
    Default Recent Survey Reveals that 60 Million Americans are Interested in Buying an A...
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    i have a feeling you're wrong times 60,000,000.
    1245 people were surveyed. The projections to the whole population were based on those numbers. 25% of 1245 projected to the total U.S. population of 365 million. They can't use the same 25% because the it would be a stretch. You are not thinking that they actually asked 60 million people right? That is why surveys are bs. Surveys are conducted in major metropolitan areas. If you ask 1245 people in west VA or Idaho you might have a different interest.
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 2015-03-18 at 06:04 PM.

  14. #12
    Surveys are BS? LOL. I'm married to a market researcher with an MBA in statistics from Carnegie Mellon. She writes and analyzes surveys for a living, for huge corporations that make huge decisions based on surveys of sample populations.

    Both she and corporate America would like to know more about your statistical theories, I'm sure.

  15. #13
    Default Recent Survey Reveals that 60 Million Americans are Interested in Buying an A...
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Surveys are BS? LOL. I'm married to a market researcher with an MBA in statistics from Carnegie Mellon. She writes and analyzes surveys for a living, for huge corporations that make huge decisions based on surveys of sample populations.

    Both she and corporate America would like to know more about your statistical theories, I'm sure.
    And my dad is taller than yours. Really? If she wants to know more about my theories tell her to call me. Your wife and her alleged position has nothing to do with your comments. It also does not make you any more knowledgable on the subject. Maybe you should ask her to comment on this post if you're running out of ideas.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    And my dad is taller than yours. Really? If she wants to know more about my theories tell her to call me. Your wife and her alleged position has nothing to do with your comments. It also does not make you any more knowledgable on the subject. Maybe you should ask her to comment on this post if you're running out of ideas.
    The point is, math isn't BS.

    I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck in class today.

  17. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    664
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 152 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    1245 people were surveyed. The projections to the whole population were based on those numbers. 25% of 1245 projected to the total U.S. population of 365 million.
    HAHAHAHA oh gosh thanks for the laugh. That's the worst math and statistics fail I've seen in a year.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •