Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's How to Customize the Style of Your iOS 8 Phone App and Hide Superfluous Things

Default Here's How to Customize the Style of Your iOS 8 Phone App and Hide Superfluous Things

The Phone application in iOS has a lot of handy calling features, although for the average person, many of the features are superfluous and unnecessary; that's why iOS developer Davidson released a new jailbreak tweak called HideFavoritesTab Pro, so that you could hide or show what you wanted, and even customize the appearance of the Phone application as a while.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you will be able to configure what is hidden or shown in the Phone application, and where you can toy with a couple of appearance settings:

Options you can toggle on or off include:

• Hiding or showing the Favorites tab
    • Hiding or showing the Voicemail tab
    • Hiding or showing the Recents tab
    • Hiding or showing the Contacts tab
    • Hiding or showing the Recents list in the Recents tab
    • Choosing what tab will be the default tab when you open the Phone application
    • Hide or show the white dialer keypad
    • Enable or disabling bland mode (for those minimalists out there)

HideFavoritesTab Pro is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99 and requires iOS 8 to be installed. An iPhone is required for the installation since iPhones are the only iOS devices that have a Phone application.

Name: HideFavoritesTab Pro
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone running iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Davidson
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Would like to change the sequence to make the favorites tab easier to reach. I'd buy this.
    **I also really need a tweak to see the names of different phone numbers of the same contact when receiving group texts. I like to store multiple names under one business contact and I never know who says what in a group text.