Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft's Cortana Said to be Coming to iOS and Android Devices

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Microsoft's Cortana Said to be Coming to iOS and Android Devices

New reports are claiming that Microsoft’s voice assistant, Cortana, currently running on Windows phones, will be making its way over to iOS and Android devices. However, this won’t happen until it becomes available on desktop PCs this fall on Windows 10. Reuters noted that iOS and Android devices will support Cortana in standalone mobile apps in both tablets and phones.

Microsoft said that its new project titled ‘Einstein’ with Cortana, is a part of an artificial intelligence research project where the voice assistant will be able to understand and read emails. This apparently won’t be arriving until later this year.

The newly enhanced version of Siri coming in the fall is said to be able to tell users when they should leave for the airport upon a received email of an upcoming flight. It is also said to be able to tell ongoing traffic conditions and the user’s GPS location. Would you download the standalone app if it comes to iOS devices? Or would you stick with Siri? Share with us in the section below.

Source: Reuters
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2015-03-13 at 06:31 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'll stick with Google Now on my iPhone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eprisencc View Post
    I'll stick with Google Now on my iPhone.
    So much this. I adore and rely on Google Now.

I love that we're finally seeing cross platform apps like these. I know we'll never see Siri outside Apple, but I just haven't found her useful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TooSlo For This Useful Post:

eprisencc (2015-03-13)

I don't use Siri since I asked who is indian prime minister, it said Manmohan Singh even many months after Narendra Modi Selected as prime minister. But Apple still calles "AI"

I don't use Siri since I asked who is indian prime minister, it said Manmohan Singh even many months after Narendra Modi Selected as prime minister. But Apple still called "AI" (Now it's ok and cautious in answering that question. It says the definition for "Prime minister of India" cautiously with the example of Modi lol

Anyhow I switched off Siri as I feel it will reduce my device's "something". I like to have a standalone app which I ca fully control. I'll give a try with Cortana and it's Einstein

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had never like Siri...sometimes or many times I used the word city, it "thinks" I am saying Siri, and then answer its stupids things...for me Siri is just a thing that drain battery from the iPhone...so I will try Cortana...Google now had been uninstall too!!! It answers are so stupid too sometimes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk