Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Fleksy Third-party Keyboard for iOS Updated With Many Improvements

Default Popular Fleksy Third-party Keyboard for iOS Updated With Many Improvements

Fleksy keyboard, a popular third-party keyboard available on the iOS 8 platform and deemed the "fastest keyboard in the world" to type on, has been updated on Thursday to version 5.3 with a variety of improvements ranging from features to bug fixes to performance improvements.

The update comes with some all-new themes, a new extension for obtaining tips for using Fleksy keyboard, a beautiful auto-correct toggle button, Emoji updates based on user feedback, and much more. The change log in the App Store is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by App Store

What's New in Version 5.3

*Note: Please update to the latest version of iOS 8 to fix key known issues with custom keyboards and improve your Fleksy experience.

FEATURING

- New Chameleon Theme! This theme changes colors to match the app your are in! (⊙_⊙)
    - St. Patrick's Day Themes! Get festive with the new Shamrock and Rainbow Mist Themes.
    - Color Pops Extension--customize the color of your key pops! You can also use the transparency slider to remove the key pops altogether if you want.
    - Tips Extension--check this out for hints about Fleksy features and functionality.
    - Setting to toggle 'Show Suggestions' on/off.
    - Autocorrect on/off toggle is now a Magic Button option. You can also change the order of the Magic Button options in Settings.
    - Updated the emoji keyboard based on user feedback.
    - Removed the . button from the Twitter keyboard layout to increase spacebar size. Longpress @ button for more punctuation options.

FIXED

- Fixed a bug where the keyboard keys would be misaligned for some apps not optimized for iPhone 6 or 6+.
    - Learned/Forgot [word] is now announced by VoiceOver.
    - Many other bug fixes and performance improvements.

If you've been enjoying Fleksy Keyboard, please take a minute to leave a nice review. It really goes a long way!
    If you're already a use of Fleksy keyboard for iOS 8, then this update will be waiting for you under the Updates tab in the App Store application in iOS. If you have automatic updates enabled, the update should be installed for you automatically when your device sees the update. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of the keyboard for 99 from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Wow I feel like I just threw $2 away. (Canada $1.19 plus taxes)
    Ok first whats with the fact that it won't work unless I give the dev
    Access to ANYTHING I have Ever typed!!! Yes - read the allow all access button that you HAVE TO ENABLE for it to work right. And typing on a 6 FORGET ABOUT IT... It feels like the letters are in the wrong place. Like it's to small. Perdictive text is a NO. It's showing text AFTER I type it.
    I follow you always but I wish I stayed away from this one.
    Typing this has been so frustrating!!!!!!!
    IT NEEDS WORK. (MAYBE ONE IF YOU GUYS CAN SHOW HIM HOW IT'S DONE).

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    Access to ANYTHING I have Ever typed!!! Yes - read the allow all access button that you HAVE TO ENABLE for it to work right. And typing on a 6 FORGET ABOUT IT... It feels like the letters are in the wrong place. Like it's to small. Perdictive text is a NO. It's showing text AFTER I type it.
    If you have $5, nintype is the best ever. It doesn't even ask for full access. It is far and away the best mobile keyboard ever, the it has a pretty big learning curve.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

This is the best keyboard I've had, bar none...

... my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    I think every keyboard extension works this way. It's apples way of saying, if anything happens....we're not responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    This is the best keyboard I've had, bar none...

... my opinion...
    I agree. This is by far my favorite third-party keyboard. Swype is #2.