Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Opens Access to iOS 8.3 Beta to the Public Via Public Beta Program

Default Apple Opens Access to iOS 8.3 Beta to the Public Via Public Beta Program

On Thursday, following the seed of iOS 8.3 beta 3 to developers for testing, Apple also made it so that those participating in the public beta program, developers or not, will also be able to download iOS 8.3 and attempt to help Apple squash bugs before the public release in just a couple of months.

Apple's decision to make this happen confirms our report from back in February. The public beta program allows the public to download beta releases of iOS firmware before the rest of the public gets it, although it requires signing up for the public beta program on Apple's Web site.

iOS 8.3 public beta is mostly the same as the iOS 8.3 beta 3 release, which Apple apparently has deemed stable enough to be allowed for a public beta release. Notably, Apple just released iOS 8.2 to the public on Monday with preliminary Apple Watch support and a variety of stability and performance improvements.

More information about Apple's iOS public beta program can be found on Apple's Web site at this link.

Sources: MacRumors

So is this just for regular users to find bugs? Will this deter future jailbreaks if said bugs are squashed before the GM? I think it's a smart move by Apple, but I enjoy my JB. Will this also cut down on the amount of software updates Apple releases per year? I'm curious how this'll pan out.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Have they not updated their website yet for public beta iOS? I'm already registered for public beta for Yosemite and that is all that is coming up.

Update, just reading on other forums and this seems to be random selected beta testers they(Apple) is choosing. This isn't open to all public beta testers.
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2015-03-13 at 01:40 AM.

They sent me an email detailing how to go about downloading, so I'm guessing it's almost an invitation-only kind of thing at the moment.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2015-03-13)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    They sent me an email detailing how to go about downloading, so I'm guessing it's almost an invitation-only kind of thing at the moment.
    Ya that's what it's sounding like. Thanks!