Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia's HERE Maps App Returns to the iOS App Store With New Look & New Features

Default Nokia's HERE Maps App Returns to the iOS App Store With New Look & New Features

On Wednesday, Nokia has re-released its HERE Maps application on the iOS platform with a completely new look and feel. The HERE Maps first debuted on iOS in 2013 when Nokia felt that they could undermine Apple's iOS user base when Apple's own Maps were under fire for being inaccurate and buggy. The only problem was that users really hated the HERE Maps because the HERE Maps themselves were very inaccurate and buggy on the iOS platform as a result, Nokia pulled the application from the App Store to go back to the drawing board.

Nokia's re-release looks a whole lot more promising than the first go. We originally heard in December of 2014 of Nokia's plans to re-release their HERE Maps for iOS in 2015, but now the idea has finally become reality. With a brand-new user interface that is iOS 8-friendly, and new features that will appeal to all kinds of navigation application users, Nokia's HERE Maps finally looks like a promising navigation solution on the iOS platform.

You can check out the launch video below:

Tons of features are included with Nokia's HERE Maps, including offline location search and directions from point A to point B (or point C?), the ability to save an entire map set and not just a small section of the maps around you (like Google Maps has you do), directions for all kinds of movement transit, driving, even walking, turn-by-turn navigation for you car-driving folks that need directions, and a whole lot more.

Although the App Store is experiencing a lot of downtime this morning and many are unable to download certain applications, you can still try. Nokia's HERE Maps are (or will be) available at this App Store link completely free of charge. Let us know what you think down in the comments!

Sources: App Store, Nokia

I will still use google maps as my primary gps but here maps will be my back up if Google maps go down.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Dammit. AppStore is down.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

May have to give this a try... once the App Store is up and running.

DNS issues are causing the outages as Apple has confirmed. They're working on a fix and we'll update everyone when the stores are back up!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2015-03-11), SpiderManAPV (2015-03-11), StaceyMJ86 (2015-03-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Up and running now.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugly in looks. Will test functionality this evening.

The fact you can get the app for free and use it offline makes it worth trying. I paid good money for this feature on a few other navigation apps.

So basically I can use my old phone as a gps since it works offline. Cool stuff

So far, I'm impressed with the UI. They really did themselves a favor getting rid of the old HERE maps for iOS and bringing out this new version.