Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Calypso' Brings You Some Internal iOS Customization Options Absolutely Free of Cost

Default 'Calypso' Brings You Some Internal iOS Customization Options Absolutely Free

iOS 7.1 and later apparently has some internal settings that aren't available for the public to access, and a new free jailbreak tweak called Calypso by iOS developers T_Dogg_94 and Dingo is bringing these options out to the open for everyone to use.

With the tweak installed, you will find a new preferences pane in your Settings application labeled "Calypso" where you can configure a variety of options to your own liking:

Here, you will find the following options:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Hiding or showing blocked Tweets in Twitter
    • Enabling or disabling new Tweets banners
    • Hiding or showing Home Screen page dots
    • Enabling or disabling Home Screen rotation
    • Enabling or disabling iPad-style dock rotation
    • Enabling or disabling iPhone 6 Plus-style dock rotation
    • Enabling or disabling Lock Screen rotation
    • Enabling or disabling Voice Control
    • Enabling or disabling SpotLight search
    • Enabling or disabling Lock Screen Blur
    • Enabling or disabling Lock Screen Tint
    • Enabling or disabling nested Home Screen folders
    • Enabling or disabling pinching to close folders
    • Hiding or showing beta application dots by their names
    • Hiding or showing Home Screen application icon labels
    • Enabling or disabling faster animations
    • Enabling or disabling the older-style Control Center bounce style

A respring button is included at the bottom of the preferences pane where you can save all of the changes you make so you can see them all come to life when your device starts back up.

If you're interested in giving Calypso a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak requires iOS 7.1 or later to be installed.

Name: Calypso
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.4.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.1-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): T_Dogg_94 and Dingo
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Warning, installing will automatically turn every feature on.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

How do devs actually find these settings? Is there a plist to enable these and they write a script to do so? Just intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    How do devs actually find these settings? Is there a plist to enable these and they write a script to do so? Just intrigued
    It is actually extremely easy to find in the filesystem. There are many booleans that are 'FALSE' by default. For example, the nested folder setting is called -bool AllowNestedFolders and it is false by default but thanks to Trevor and Dingo's preference pane, it can easily be enabled hope i helped.

Quote Originally Posted by xWalmartCandyx View Post
    It is actually extremely easy to find in the filesystem. There are many booleans that are 'FALSE' by default. For example, the nested folder setting is called -bool AllowNestedFolders and it is false by default but thanks to Trevor and Dingo's preference pane, it can easily be enabled hope i helped.
    Yeah, but where in the file system? I know they're plists as I've messed about with these myself in the past but I just have no idea where to look on iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Yeah, but where in the file system? I know they're plists as I've messed about with these myself in the past but I just have no idea where to look on iOS 8
    You include springboard then hook SBFolderSettings for nested folders...just search things in flex