Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This New Jailbreak Tweak Mirrors Your Display on Shiny Surfaces to Create a Heads Up Display

Default This New Jailbreak Tweak Mirrors Your Display on Shiny Surfaces for a Heads Up Display

Heads Up Display Mode is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer MohammadAG that makes it so you can mirror your iOS device's display on any shiny surface to create the illusion of a heads-up display.

The developer recommends using this tweak by playing your device on your car's dash to reflect your iOS device's display on your car's windshield while driving. It can be used to make a heads-up display of Google Maps, Apple Maps, or another mapping application so that you can see where you're going without having to invest in pricy mounting solutions. Best of all, because nothing will be sticking to your windshield, you maintain full forward visibility.

Obviously, you shouldn't be using this tweak to use your iOS device while driving, but for things like navigation where you won't be tapping on the display, but just glancing at your screen like you would a dash cluster gauge, it could work well.

We think the tweak works best at night when you can actually see the heads-up display because during the day, the sun can fade out the reflection. The higher the brightness, the clearer the reflection is, as you can see in the photograph above.

The tweak makes this possible by actually mirroring what is displayed on your iPhone's screen:

This way, when you lay your iPhone down, the reflection makes it so you see the exact opposite of the mirrored display, which is actually the correct orientation. Pretty cool, huh?

Best of all the, tweak is invoked with Activator. So it's super cool to use. You will also see a really cool toggle animation as your device's display is turned into a mirror form:

If you're interested in giving Heads Up Display Mode a try, it's available free of cost right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak requires Activator is installed to be used. Always pay attention to the road and never text and drive!

Name: Heads Up Display Mode
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, Activator
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MohammedAG
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-13 at 09:27 PM.

Cool idea but how well will it really reflect when it's bright out

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Cool idea but how well will it really reflect when it's bright out
    Like stated in the post, it's best used at night.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm assuming it'll work on the iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    I'm assuming it'll work on the iPad?
    It should. I haven't tested it on an iPad. It's free, so give it a go and let us know

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It should. I haven't tested it on an iPad. It's free, so give it a go and let us know
    Yup, works like a charm.

How do I use it

Can anyone confirm it's working? I set the activator for Anywhere on triple tap but it doesn't not reverse the screen for this util. Tried changing to double tap...still no go. I cant get it to work. I'm on iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2
    Last edited by OmegaWhite; 2015-03-12 at 07:05 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWhite View Post
    Can anyone confirm it's working? I set the activator for Anywhere on triple tap but it doesn't not reverse the screen for this util. Tried changing to double tap...still no go. I cant get it to work. I'm on iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.2
    Probably because it requires IOS 8.0 or higher

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thevmax For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (2015-03-13)

It doesn't say it requires 8.0.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Garmin has a transparent film you can attach to your windshield for their HUD (Head-Up Display) unit. You can buy this film separately. I wonder if it would make it work better in the daylight?