Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'HiddenConvos' Allows You to Hide Conversations From the iOS 8 Messages App With Ease

Default 'HiddenConvos' Allows You to Hide Conversations From the iOS 8 Messages App With Ease

There is no way to hide a conversation in the iOS Messages application without deleting it and sometimes you want to have the ability to have privacy without the need to completely remove a message thread from your device.

A new free jailbreak tweak called HiddenConvos by iOS developer TheNinjaprawn fixes this problem by adding a new feature to the iOS 8 Messages application that allows you to hide individual message threads by swiping to the left on conversations. You will then see a blue "Hide" button on the conversation that you can tap on to completely hide that message thread from the Messages application.

If you want to show the message thread again after hiding it, you can tap on the Edit button in the Messages application and you will see a new "Unhide All" button that can be tapped on to reveal all of the hidden message threads in the Messages application.

Notably, any message conversations that you hide will have Do Not Disturb automatically enabled for said conversations, so you don't have to worry about notifications popping up and revealing the hidden message thread on you.

If you're interested in giving HiddenConvos a try, it's available completely free of cost right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure you can just install the tweak and begin using it immediately.

Name: HiddenConvos
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: TheNinjaprawn
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Hmmm, looks like there's no longer a need for BiteSMS. App Heads mixed with HiddenConvos works perfectly. BiteSMS isn't what it used to be anyways.

I still miss BiteSMS' quick reply and ability to invoke a QC by Activator. LMK if anyone has found a viable replacement!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpho For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2015-03-12), Neojok (2015-03-11)

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpho View Post
    I still miss BiteSMS' quick reply and ability to invoke a QC by Activator. LMK if anyone has found a viable replacement!
    Messageheads works great for QC I use the volume up to activate it. Bitesms has gone the way of the dodo! No need for it!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default 'HiddenConvos' Allows You to Hide Conversations From the iOS 8 Messages App W...
    On a related note - it's very frustrating that Apple's implementation of Do Not Disturb (by Conversation Thread) only affects the notification sounds of individual conversations but won't stop their screen notifications. Why the hell would they stop the beeping but not the screen notifications too? Maybe this tweak will help with that..

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    On a related note - it's very frustrating that Apple's implementation of Do Not Disturb (by Conversation Thread) only affects the notification sounds of individual conversations but won't stop their screen notifications. Why the hell would they stop the beeping but not the screen notifications too? Maybe this tweak will help with that..
    Here is a tweak that should hide notifications. I have never tried it but was reviewed last week.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...e-enabled.html