View Poll Results: Will you be keeping your jailbreak, or will you update to iOS 8.2 for the Apple Watch?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am not updating until iOS 8.2 can be jailbroken; I want to keep my jailbreak!

32 78.05%
  • I want the Apple Watch more than a jailbreak, so I'm updating!

9 21.95%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will You Be Keeping Your Jailbreak or Updating to iOS 8.2 to Use the Apple Watch? [POLL]

Default Will You Be Keeping Your Jailbreak or Updaing to iOS 8.2 to Use the Apple Watch? [POLL]

Apple released iOS 8.2 to the public yesterday immediately following the 'Spring Forward' special event where the Apple Watch's pricing and availability was revealed officially. iOS 8.2 is a required component for those that want to purchase and use the Apple Watch, and as it's well known, iOS 8.2 is not jailbreakable at this point in time.

Because the iOS 8.2 update is a required component to use the Apple Watch, many will be forced to update to iOS 8.2 if they purchase one of Apple's new wearable wrist devices. This unfortunately comes with the negative side effect of losing your jailbreak, if you have one, or the ability to jailbreak until a new jailbreak tool is released to the public.

Many who are loyal to the jailbreak community will also choose to sit tight on iOS 8.1.2, or another jailbreakable firmware, until an iOS 8.2 jailbreak does surface; we are interested in just how many of you are going to camp it out with your jailbreak and how many of you are going to jump ship to the iOS 8.2 update to use the new Apple Watch when it's available.

We've included a poll in the forum version of this post at this link where you can leave your vote. (You must be looking at the desktop version of the Web site to see the poll.) We look forward to seeing how the numbers lean!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-10 at 07:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see the need of a jailbreak since 8.0 for me since most tweak that I used are now a part of iOS 8.

Plus I already updated to 8.2 cause Apple Watch>jailbreak imo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakyr For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2015-03-10)

I'll be keeping my jailbreak for now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Assassination (2015-03-10)

The Apple watch is not available until the 24 April - that over a month away. There may well be a jailbreak for IOS 8.2 before that date. I think this article is a little premature!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clive.weller For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2015-03-12), Bo Troxell (2015-03-10), TDH Advocate (2015-03-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    I don't see the need of a jailbreak since 8.0 for me since most tweak that I used are now a part of iOS 8.

Plus I already updated to 8.2 cause Apple Watch>jailbreak imo
    Nah. Jailbreak >>>>>>> apple watch. Just invest in a good dumb watch. I personally look at my phone for the time and emails etc. I only wear a watch on special occasions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

BerkeleyBailey (2015-03-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Nah. Jailbreak >>>>>>> apple watch. Just invest in a good dumb watch. I personally look at my phone for the time and emails etc. I only wear a watch on special occasions
    That's your opinion for me the apple watch is more worth it. Plus like I said I don't really need a jailbreak anymore.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakyr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    The Apple watch is not available until the 24 April - that over a month away. There may well be a jailbreak for IOS 8.2 before that date. I think this article is a little premature!
    We want to know what everyone's opinions are right now on whether or not yesterday's Apple Event was powerful enough to sway people to update. So there's no such thing as premature .

But if a jailbreak comes out for iOS 8.2, that would be awesome!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2015-03-12), BerkeleyBailey (2015-03-10)

I just hope Pangu or some reliable developer can find an exploit for another jailbreak, I read somewhere that Apple patched a lot of the vulnerabilities that made jailbreaking possible.

Quote Originally Posted by studderman View Post
    I just hope Pangu or some reliable developer can find an exploit for another jailbreak, I read somewhere that Apple patched a lot of the vulnerabilities that made jailbreaking possible.
    Yes they did, and with yesterday's public release, they patched even more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep my jb

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wanted to let you know that I don't see a poll, even when tap the web version. Is it visible on desktop only?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

8.2 + Jailbreak + Apple Watch = JOY! But if there is no jailbreak for 8.2 there is no joy. Jailbreak>watch.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I don't see a poll, even when tap the web version. Is it visible on desktop only?
    click here - http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...atch-poll.html

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Yes, it is only for desktop. Sorry about that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Was forced to update after testing out the Upscale tweak which ruined my phone...

I don't get why ppl complain about the apple watch, if you don't like it don't buy it simple. I will be buying one, not just too look at the time but feel when I get notified or a call since I always miss them

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have been on 8.2 for a couple weeks now. A jailbreak really isn't that important anymore like it was back in the days of say ios 4/5/6. iOS 7 added in so many things that people jailbroke for that it almost made it obsolete at the time. Same with ios 8 taking in even more. So I'm sticking with 8.2 because by the time the apple watch will be out I'm sure there will be a jailbreak for 8.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    I have been on 8.2 for a couple weeks now. A jailbreak really isn't that important anymore like it was back in the days of say ios 4/5/6. iOS 7 added in so many things that people jailbroke for that it almost made it obsolete at the time. Same with ios 8 taking in even more. So I'm sticking with 8.2 because by the time the apple watch will be out I'm sure there will be a jailbreak for 8.2
    Exactly my thoughts I don't need a jailbreak anymore! iOS 8 to me is perfect all the tweaks I used to need are in ios 8!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakyr For This Useful Post:

Not updating. I won't care about an apple watch until it's worth it - probably 3+ generations down the road. Certainly not before when they can make one that's solar powered.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides that I'll be getting an Apple watch, my phone has started getting really hot lately. I'd rather not lose my tweaks, but sometimes it'll even get too got to hold.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast