Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AlbumShot' Makes Individual Albums for Your Screenshots on a Per-app Basis

Default 'AlbumShot' Makes Individual Albums for Your Screenshots on a Per-app Basis

AlbumShot is a really cool new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Sassoty that will appeal to those of you that take lots of screenshots on your iOS 8 device and need a better way to organize what the screenshots are for.

The tweak organizes the screenshots that you take by application by making separate albums in your Photos application for each application you take a screenshot in, as shown above. This makes it super simple to find screenshots after you've taken them instead of looking through a bunch of thumbnails in your Photos application that all look the same due to the nature of the iOS 8 user interface.

After taking screenshots in a certain application, such as the Messages application for instance, you can then head over to your Photos application and you'll find a new album labeled "Messages" where you will find all of the screenshots you've taken in the Messages application. It works this way for all of the applications you take screenshots in and makes it really easy for you to stay organized.

The tweak doesn't have any options to configure and is available absolutely free in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now. The tweak works with iOS 7 and iOS 8. The tweak is also open source, so if you want to view the tweak's source code, you can head over to this GitHub link to check it out.

Name: AlbumShot
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Sassoty
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2015-03-10 at 06:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had this idea a long time ago and suggested it to Apple.

In Words with Friends, I like to lay out letters and take screenshots for words I might play on my next turn or when I get the right letter. However, it's too difficult to maintain across multiple devices, especially when it takes a long time between turns. Having the screenshots from that app grouped together would save me sooo much time. I'm not going to jailbreak just for this, but I really hope Apple adds this as a native features in iOS.